Adoption

Cadence: I was surprised that you wanted to meet Sombra is everything ok?

Sombra: Everything is good I was just wondering if you'd help me with something?

Cadence: If I can. What is it?

Sombra: I've been thinking about this for a long while, I just wasn't sure if it was the best thing or what the reaction would be.

Cadence: *stops him* Sombra what is it?

Sombra: *sighs* I'd like to officially Adopt Indigo.

*silence*

Sombra: *hopeful* Do think it's a good idea?

Cadence:*smiles softly* I think it's a lovely idea for the past 4 years Indigo has really been through a lot, and you've been a place of safety for her. I can get the paper work drawn up, is there a specific time you'd like to ask her?

Sombra: *nods* It's her birthday this weekend I was hoping to do it then.

Cadence: Ah yes she's 17 right?

Sombra: That's right.

Cadence: Well I'll be sure to have the paperwork ready by then.

Sombra: Thank you Cadence.

Cadence: Any time.

*The Weekend*

Lemon: *pulls a party pooper* Happy birthday Indie!

Indigo: *chuckles* Thanks Lemon.

Sour: At least we're all finally the same age now.

Sunny: *in a taunting voice* Though I do turn 18 in a few months.

Sour: *rolls her eyes* Whatever.

Indigo: *laughs*

Sugarcoat: *kisses Indigo's cheek* So what did Sombra get you?

Indigo: He hasn't given me anything yet.

Sombra *walks in the room holding an envelope.* Well I have your gift right here.

Indigo: Ooh what is it?

Sombra: You'll have to open it and find out. *gives her the envelope* Happy Birthday Kiddo.

Indigo: *smiles* Thank you.

Indigo opened the envelope and read what was on the paper inside, she couldn't believe what she was seeing. When she finished reading it she had tears in her eyes.

Indigo: *looks at Sombra with watery eyes and her voice breaks* Y-you want to adopt me?

Sombra: I would love to adopt you Indie you're the daughter I never had, you mean everything to me. So what do you say, want me to officially be your dad?

Indigo: *starts sobbing* Y-yes please.

Sombra: Hey come here.

Indigo went over to Sombra and gave him a hug and started crying into his chest, and he began to comfort her the way a father would comfort a child.

Sombra: *rubs Indigo's back and strokes her hair* Hey shh it's alright.

Indigo: *her sobs turn to whimpers* Sorry it's just that-

Sombra: *comforting voice* It's alright I understand you don't need to explain.

Sugarcoat: So are you officially her dad now?

Sombra: *offers Indigo a pen* All Indie has to do is sign it and it'll be official. What do you reckon kiddo ready to officially become my daughter.

Indigo: *excited* Definitely!

She took the pen from Sombra and signed the adoption form. She was now officially his daughter.