Chapter 3 (Sheet Cleats)

-"Everyone keeps requesting more.. now don't get me wrong, I love doing red flags but.. I'm kinda over it to be honest."

-"Why don't you do it one more time then? Like your in Miami? Just.. Red Flags. That's it. Then retire it."

-"Do a whole show, improvised.. About red flags? And then retire the bit?"

-"And never do it again."

-"Alright fuck it. Miami? Let's hear your red flags"

————————————————————————-

Red Flags and Tattoos - Chapter 3
(Sheet Cleats)

A warm, dim, hue filled the room as the announcer called out the man of the hour. The room erupted in cheers and applause when Matthew himself, sporting his classic comfy attire paired with jeans and a belt, walked on stage. 
He started off with his usual energetic opening, immediately locking the audience in.

Y/n and her close friend watched from their seats. A big smile spread on Ells face.. but Y/n?

God she was in a trance.

She watched as the brunette spoke with such confidence, such stride, enamored by his presence.

"...so for the women in the audience, what might be some red flags for a guy-"

The poor man didn't even get the chance to finish his sentence before a surplus of different responses were thrown at him. Distinct parts of the room started to answer, each with their own points and arguments. Rife isn't the type to shy away from addressing even the most obscure of topics. Whether it was wearing flip-flops on a first date.. or paying for escorts in a arduous marriage. He responds to it all, without ever missing a beat. Even if y/n wasn't exactly a comic her self, she was quickly mesmerized by his work. How fast he was with his responses in his signature comedic style almost as if he was in sync with everyone in the room. Everything about the way he responded to the audience had y/n on the edge of her seat.

A true comedians comedian.

The interactions between the comic and his audience was going smoothly, when the topic of socks in bed sparked a heated argument between them. Some argued that with reason, it was okay... and others claimed it to be a huge turn off. When the man himself decided to speak up on his own opinion, sharing his personal preference for keeping his feet warm during intimate sessions

"I've never said this before- Nobody fucking steal it."

The crowd laughed in response, Matt going on a rant about his sex life. He expressed how, while he him self didn't enjoy his feet being exposed, he didn't exactly think to keep them off during sex. He expressed his interest in keeping warm during the act, plugging his idea for a new thing he called 'Sheet Cleats'.. But before he could, the crowd seemed to be on the fence, dismissing and quickly disagreeing, booing the idea of socks on in bed.

"Hey, wasn't gonna fuck y'all anyways!"

He shut down any room for disagreement while shedding light on the situation, the audience joining in. He expressed his opinions and thoughts, claiming it to be almost barbaric to keep socks off.

"You can have your fucking hooves out if you want"

——————————————————————————

His set seemed to fly by, the hour quickly grazing past them. Walking Red Flag, was hilarious. It was engaging, and insightful. The way he navigated his audience, exploring the Red Flag and dating dynamics. Rife's wit and humor come alive in his unique crowd work. The raw and authentic interactions with the audience and the added layer of unpredictability to the show, making it all the more enjoyable. She noticed it all. By the time the special was over, Y/n had completely winded down, forgetting about the world around her. Her cheeks hurt from laughing so much, Ell smiling, knowing that her friend was now at ease. She hadn't checked her phone once, which made her happy, but also worried. Their drinks were empty, both quite giggly thanks to the beautiful blend of comedy and alcohol. There was truly no better duo. The stage lights came on as the show came to a close, his fans quicky lining up to meet the man himself once his set was over.

"Let's go last.. I don't need anyone seeing my tit-"

"But you'll let a stranger sign it?"

"Shut up! That's totally different!"

The line was excruciatingly long, almost as long as the wait to get inside the venue in the first place, but the excitement of the red ink soon hitting her skin fueled her to wait through this predominantly female line. It felt like hours had passed, before it was finally their turn. The venue was almost empty as they were last in line, apart from a few staff members here and there. His face softens upon seeing the two, sporting a genuine smile. One that she had grown to know all too well. The interaction went great, as they exchanged greetings and a few compliments here and there. Pictures were taken and laughs could be heard echoing in the room, when she almost forgot about her task at hand; The point of this whole night.

"You are just so sweet.. y/n was it? Is there anything you would like me to sign before we wrap this up?"

"About that.."

———————————————————————

Total: 900 words

AAAAAAAAA NEW CHAPTER FINALLY

Y'all would not believe how long I've had this one in the drafts- took way too long and I'm still not totally happy with it. Thoughts, opinions?

As always I love each and every one of you <33

Votes and Comments are as always appreciated!

I LOVE YOU ALL SMMM

-Mel