Chapter 2 (Red Ink)

10:04 PM

The cold night wind blew through her h/c hair, the radio reading; 10:04 PM in bright white. A thousand voices howling in her mind as she thought of the potential interaction with the man she admired so fondly, closely followed with the idea of her next tattoo. Y/n already had quite a few smaller tattoos, but none would come into comparison with this one. She sat on the
passenger side, resting her cheek on her hand. With her elbow propped up the edge of the rolled down car window, she looked at her reflection in the side mirror. Y/n couldn't help the smile that started to form on her cheeks. Truth be told, she thought about this a lot. Especially in the coming months of the show.

To say that she was a fan was an understatement. Y/n had been following Matt's work across many different platforms without fail. Podcasts, Special Appearances, Shows, Movies, Videos, Clips, you name it. If he was in it, she most likely already saw it. There was something about the tall brunette. Something she couldn't quite put her finger on. His sense of humor always stood out to her. The perfect blend of quick witted sarcasm and dark humor was what truly called her to him.
The way he never missed a beat when it came to comebacks, or the back and forth banter he had with his crowd. Whatever it was, it had her in a trance. Truly, he was good at what he did.

10:25 PM

The terrain around her changed with every mile they drove. With Ell on the wheel they made small talk together, but she knew that y/n wasn't really paying attention to the conversation at hand. Ell knew her best friend like the back of her hand. She noticed every reaction. How she would advert her glance when she was nervous, or how she would pick at her nails when she was flustered. So it was no surprise that she noticed her checking her phone obsessively too. Looking at the tickets they bought online as if they'd disappear if she didn't. Y/n checked her phone again, but she wouldn't even get past her lock screen before she was rudely interrupted by a notification at the top of the screen. It was a text message, by her very 'loving' Boyfriend.

----Theo <3 -10:27 PM
Where are you?
Don't tell me you're actually going through with that stupid show?
(read)

A small pang of guilt ran through her, falling at the bottomless pit in her stomach. Theo was very against this idea of hers, any good boyfriend would. To have another man's signature on his significant other shook him to his very core. They had multiple arguments about this in the past, and amongst other things. Some nights Theo would have to stay over at a friend's place just to cool off after blowing up at her. Fight after fight. Ell noticed a lot more than just a few petty arguments, but as any good girlfriend would, she saw the best in Theo, constantly defending his case as if it were her job. But Ell saw it all.

"Don't tell me he's texting you again? Girl promise me you won't respond to that man."

Ell kept her eyes fixated on the road, but nothing could hide the cold expresion she had on her face. If looks could kill she definitely would've cracked the windshield had she stared at it any longer. Ell glared at the dimly lit streets, trying her hardest to hide the resentment she had towards this man. Y/n kept silent, not knowing how to respond.

"I don't know why you haven't left that man yet, he's a total leech."

Y/n sighed, looking out the window once more before responding.

"Don't say that.. There's good in him, I know there is. I'm sure he's just stressed, he must have had a long day.."

----------------------------------------------------------------

10:45 PM

"This line is stupidly long. The man will probably finish his set by the time we get inside."

Ell spoke, using her argument as a type of last resort to convince y/n out of the tattoo she so desperately wanted.

The pair had been standing in line for not even 15 minutes, but they were already starting to feel tired. They quickly learned that heels weren't exactly the best choice for a comedy show. But still, Y/n was adamant. With time, the line grew shorter and shorter as they finally reached the ticket booth. Y/n smiled at the lady working behind the desk, only to be received by a cold stare.

"Tickets."

She barked at the two coldly. Obliging, Y/n pulled out her phone, showing the receptionist the tickets she had been staring at the whole way to the venue. She scanned her digital ticket, handing both girls their respective lanyards with the ad for the show on the chain, along with 2 paper wrist bands.

Ell followed her friend into the venue, as Y/n excitedly found their seats on the main floor. They settled down at a near by table, close to the stage, but not exactly front row. Waiters walked around guests taking people's order on their drinks of choice, before reaching their table.

"What can I help you lovely ladies with tonight?"

The waiter greated them warmly, before taking Ells order and getting to you. Y/n didn't know how to respond, the fight she had with Theo keeping you in check. He told her he didn't want her to drink anymore, practically forbidding it whenever she left the house, accusing her of cheating on him whilst drunk. She knew he only wanted the best for you, at the very least, that's what she felt, so she was just like obeyed without another word. Ell sensed this, knowing full well what went down that night, even if you didn't tell her the full story, she knew. Like the good friend that she is, She always does.

"You know what? She'll have what I'm having, Thanks."

Ell interrupted the silence. The waiter, now satisfied with your commands, left to go attend to another table. As he left, Y/n shot Ell a look. A knowing look.

"Girl let loose! He's not here right now, let have some fun while we're out, live a little!"

Ell laughed at her own joke, nudging her friend with her shoulder as Y/n laughed back. Shortly, the waiter came back and left them with their drinks when the lights in the room dimmed, the stage lights coming on slowly, illuminating the stage with a white and blue hue.

"Ladies and Gentlemen.. Matthew Steven Rife"

———————————————————————————-

Total: 1.1k words.

Omfg it's been too long. Let's hope I can keep this thing up lmao. Suggestions and comments are more than appreciated <3

I LOVE YALLL <3333

Take care, see y'all next chapter <3

- Mel