★CHAPTER 4★

Rudransh's pov

I tried to brush off the conversation that happened at the breakfast time
but my parents had been endlessly nagging me about settling down and starting a family, but i couldn't seem to wrap my head around it.

my mom and dad explained me about how the engagement turned out in childhood and how its my time to fulfill the responsibilities

as a police officer i personally believe that my dedication towards professional life leaves no room for personal relationships..
But now, with the pressure from my family to marry, im feeling conflicted.

it is past ten at night i sat at my desk in my cabin was deeply engrossed in my thoughts about the recent marriage proposal..
just then someone stormed in my cabin..., already knowing who it is because no one have the audacity to barge in other than my bestfriend kittu aka karthik reddy

he barged into my office,with a cheeky grin on his face. i looked up and groaned, knowing that he will tease me about my marriage situation.

"ENTRA , YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE STRUGGLING WITH SOME SERIOUS THOUGHTS THERE," Karthik said, plopping down on a chair opposite to me

"IT'S NOTHING," i mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"Come On, You Can't Fool Me. I KNOW IT'S ABOUT THE WHOLE MARRIAGE THING. HAVE YOU MADE A DECISION YET?" he asked me, wagging his brows suggestively.

i sighed, "I DON'T KNOW, KARTHIK. ON ONE HAND, I WANT TO MAKE MY FAMILY HAPPY AND FULFILL MY DUTY AS A SON, BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, I CAN'T IMAGINE GIVING UP MY CAREER FOR SOMETHING LIKE MARRIAGE AND ALSO IM NOT SURE THAT MY SOON TO BE WIFE WILL TAKE CARE MY FAMILY ESPECIALLY MY SIBLINGS..,IM WORRIED"

Karthik raised an eyebrow, "WHO SAID YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP YOUR CAREER? YOU CAN HAVE BOTH, RUDRA. YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND A BALANCE."

i shook my head, "BUT HOW? BEING A POLICE OFFICER MEANS DEALING WITH UNPREDICTABLE AND DANGEROUS SITUATIONS. HOW CAN I POSSIBLY HAVE A STABLE HOME LIFE WITH ALL OF THAT?"

Karthik chuckled, "COME ON RUDRA, DON'T BE SO DRAMATIC. YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY POLICE OFFICER WHO'S MARRIED, YOU KNOW. I KNOW PLENTY OF COPS WHO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PERSONAL LIFE WHILE ALSO BEING DEDICATED TO THEIR JOBS.., YOU KNOW EVEN IM MARRIED AND SUCCESFULLY BALANCING BOTH PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL LIFE"

i looked at Karthik in disbelief, "HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT KITTU DESPITE KNOWING EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN PAST ITS NOT JUST ABOUT BALANCING YOU KNOW "

Karthik shrugged, "WELL, FOR STARTERS, COMMUNICATION IS KEY. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO YOUR PARTNER ABOUT YOUR JOB AND THE CHALLENGES THAT COME WITH IT. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, YOU HAVE TO MAKE TIME FOR THEM. IT'S ALL ABOUT FINDING A BALANCE AND MAKING YOUR RELATIONSHIP A PRIORITY AND ABOUT YOUR PAST AS YOU MENTIONED ITS PAST SO STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT AND GIVE YOURSELF AND THIS MARRIAGE A CHANCE... YOU KNOW ITS REALLY HIGH TIME TO TAKE A DESCISION LIKE THIS FOR YOUR FAMILY AND FUTURE"

i nodded, "BUT WHAT IF SAME THING HAPPENS? YOU KNOW THAT I CANT HANDLE IF SAME THING REPEATS "

Karthik gave me a reassuring smile, "IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING HONEST AND SETTING BOUNDARIES. YOUR PARTNER HAS TO UNDERSTAND THE DEMANDS OF YOUR JOB, AND YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO TRUST THEM TO HANDLE THINGS WHEN YOU'RE NOT AROUND. AND I KNOW YOU, RUDRA. YOU'RE A RESPONSIBLE AND DEDICATED COP. YOU'LL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOUR FAMILY IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, DONT STRESS YOURSELF .LET GO EVRYTHING AND GIVE THIS ALLIANCE A SERIOUS THOUGHT"

i felt a weight lifted off my shoulders as Karthik's words sank in. Maybe i could have both a successful career and a happy marriage. Maybe i didn't have to choose one over the other.

"THANKS RA BAVA . I NEEDED THAT" i said, finally smiling genuinely.(BAVA is also used for friends )

Karthik grinned back, "NO PROBLEM. NOW, ENOUGH ABOUT YOUR BORING MARRIAGE WOES. LET'S GO GRAB A DRINK AND TALK ABOUT SOMETHING MORE EXCITING."

i agreed to him and called mom informed her about being late and about alliance that he is ready to meet her ...as soon as he said her those words she felt happy and disconnected call by saying drive safe
as call ended we both left the station

i couldn't help but feel grateful for karthik's honesty and support. i was now ready to have an honest conversation with Ruhanika and find a way to make their relationship work without compromising on my career.,

----------------------------------------------
Sorry for the late update my dear butterflies ♡♡
Please bare with these authors irresponsibility....

Nd by Sunday I'll give u double updates and they are more exciting chapters ahead

So ... Please vote and comment ur thoughts 💭...

I'm waiting for your thoughts about my book so please let me know wt are ur thoughts 💭 on this book.... 💖💕...