Co-Alpha

Prompt: bro oh my gosh could you do a cute lil fic where the reader is like a visitor to the park but bonds really well to the raptors and owen gets kinda jealous and the reader gets hired on and they're constantly bickering about who is better and YES

Requested by: official-raptor-mom on tumblr
~~

"You have been a pain in my rear end since the day I met you."

"Yeah, well, you're no bouquet of roses either."

You weren't sure why Owen being angry with you was irresistable- but somehow... it really was.

You're both in terrible moods, after having one of the worst days of your careers. You never thought- after all this time, it'd have been this difficult to train a bunch of raptors.

You were one of the first focus groups to tour Jurassic World, and after they'd seen you up close with the raptors one afternoon- well, it didn't take you long to send in your application. You were hired almost immediately.

Apparently, raptor training wasn't the most sought after occupation in the world.

You and Owen are throwing all your paperwork and files into haphazard piles, shuffling through for one particular document.

"Well, at least I don't smell like motor oil all the time."

You actually didn't mind the motor oil smell. It made you miss your dad's old garage where you helped fix up old muscle cars.

"Why do you always have to point out what I smell like when we have an argument?"

"Why don't you ever smell like a normal man?"

Owen has always been jealous of you. Since day freaking one. For some reason, even though he was Alpha- you had some sort of connection to the Raptors, and they typically looked to you before listening to Owen at the start of the day. It was like you had to give them the 'okay' to do what Owen wanted.

"You know, I'm getting real tired of your crap, (y/n)," he almost yells, throwing yet another file onto the tiled floor.

"Can I help it if you're jealous that the raptors like me so much? No, I can't."

This was turning more into a "I'm going to berate you for every problem I've had with you" kind of day.

"Me and the girls were doing just fine until you showed up and somehow freaking halfway imprinted on them!"

You feel your face turning red with anger. It's much, much to hot in this office.

You were in a building just off the Raptor paddock- a private building, with just this one room and a restroom attached.

"You act like it's my fault," you yell back, glaring at the back of his head.

"It is!" He yells back, turning on his heel to glare back at you.

It's turned into a heated death-stare match, and you are determined not to lose.

"Owen Grady," you start, voice a bit lower than before, "You know as well as I do that I couldn't imprint on them purposefully."

"Yeah, well, even so- I don't think you should be acting so smug about it."

"Are you kidding me?" You sigh, "Who goes around here acting all big and bad because he's Mr. Alpha?"

You notice his muscles tense up the slightest bit. His army green t-shirt tightening at the sleeves where his biceps constrict. Beads of sweat are pouring down his face, just as you are sure they're running down yours too.

It's getting too hot in here.

He walks forward, stopping directly in front of you. He bends down, looking straight into your eyes, and enunciates every word, "I am the alpha."

"You are co-alpha," you reply, voice at a whisper, "Whether you like it or not, we're in this together."