42 | it's emma.

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘.
CHAPTER 42!
it's emma.

☀︎☂︎

when you know, you know

──────〔✿〕──────

MATT'S POV

I DON'T KNOW what took so long, but emma is the one. and i feel so dumb for not doing anything about it sooner.

i sit on a stool in front of the countertop deep in my thoughts, using my hands as a stand for my head. i think i was in that position too long because nick injects his voice into my imagination.

"whats got u thinking do hard?" he ponders, while carefully opening a new can of cherry coke. the pop of the carbonated drink echoes throughout the room.

"it's emma." i huff out. the amount of relief i felt in a matte of seconds was drastic. i need to get these thoughts out of my head so i can function normally.

"what?" he completely freezes in time, not caring if the coke he is currently pouring into a cup overflows.
"matt what the fuck are you trying to say" he continues, more frantic than before.

"nick, i like emma. i really like her. more than i can even process." i run my hands though my hair nervously.
ive never said this out loud and im freaking out, because now my thoughts are real.

before i know it nick drop the can on the court and throws himself onto me. he imbraces me harder than ever. "matt is fucking monumental. like, insane." he squeezes me a bit more, even rewarding me withs few pats on the back. "but not really, everyone knew but you. i'm just happy" he finally releases me from his grasp but claims the seat next to me instead.

──────〔✿〕──────

EMMA'S POV

MY CHEST FEELS less heavy now that i have fully come to my senses about matt. like a weight lifted off my shoulders. but theres still the fact that i have to confess my new found feelings to him.

i also have to tell nick, chris, sophia, and julia. they might kill me if i don't say anything soon its literally all they talk about. i mean it worked— to an extent.

theirs still so much doubt in my mind that matt doesn't feel the same. yesterday he basically said he likes someone, and that could be anyone. especially with the amount of fame he has, he could get anyone he wanted. its so easy for him.