22 | you're actually insane

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘.
CHAPTER 22!
✿ you're actually insane ✿

☀︎☂︎

❝ but i didn't mean it, and you didn't see it ❞

────── 〔✿〕──────

MATT'S POV!

kate 🙈

matt 💗
kate
are u ready?
we're ab to leave

kate 🙈
uh
no i overslept

matt 💗
oh
so..

kate 🙈
can u just drop everyone else off then come get me
i should be ready by then

matt 💗
oh ok ill be there in like 30

✈︎

"tell em i promise i'll be right back" i tell everyone as they step out of the car. i feel horrible for doing this.

i arrive at katelyns house, knocking on the front door. i see her figure through the curtains walking towards the door.

"hi! come on lets go to my room!" she smiles at me.

i look at her confused, she isnt dressed like she's going to a party. she looks as if she's about to go lay down and watch tv. but i follow her to her room, as she insisted.

"i thought you said you were ready?" my eyebrows furrowed.

i sat down on her bed and kate sat next to me.

"well, i changed my mind, we aren't going" she says that like its not a big deal.

"what do you mean we aren't going?" i laugh.

"why are you laughing, im not joking" she deadpans.

i stop laughing immediately an look her in the eyes.
"look, katelyn, you don't have to go to the party, but emma is my best friend so i have to."

kate looks at me angrily, "matt you been to all of her other birthdays, and im sure you'll be going to plenty more. you can skip just this once."

"are you serious? you really think i would willingly skip out on her birthday? you're crazy." i raise voice hoping she would get the hint that im going to this party.

"no matt. you're crazy for wanting to go to that stupid fucking party instead of be here with me."
i cant believe this is even happening right now. the fact that she dragged me over here for this is insane. she didn't have to go if she didn't want to.

we've been arguing for another 10 minutes and im so out of it. she's driving me crazy.

"fine. ill stay here for 40 minutes then im leaving, with or without you. i don't give a fuck." i say finally coming to a conclusion.

"fine. whatever." she rolls her eyes at me.

we lay there and start some random series on netflix, i dont pay attention to it because im thinking about how mad emma must be.

the timer i set for when i was supposed to leave suddenly went off. i got up to go put my shoes on when i hear kate say something.

"where are you going?" she asks.

"to the emma's birthday party? where else?" i speak in an obvious tone.

"you're funny" she laughs obnoxiously.

"i know." i deadpan. i grab my keys then turn around to open the door but katelyn grabs my arm.

"you're not going to that party. you're gonna stay here, in this apartment with me." she pulls me to face her.

"the fuck? who do you think you are? im leaving." no but she's actually crazy.

"not if you want everyone to know that you cheated on me." she looks at me.

"we aren't even dating? what? how could i have done that?" i ask curiously.

"yeah but i can just say things and people will believe me. especially if i say it was with emma. oh the people would love that."

"you're actually insane."

i cannot believe this is actually happening. i dont have a choice. katelyns right. if she told everyone i cheated on her with emma they would believe her, and emma would get so much hate. and that is the last thing i want, which is why i dont have a choice. i have to stay here.

this is probably one of the worst things ive done. i know em will hate me for this. i even promised her. i dont break promises.

✈︎

I WOKE hoping last night was a dream. that katelyn didn't actually threaten me and that i went to emmas birthday party. but i opened my eyes to find myself i kates bed her laying next to me.

this is so bad. i just know she probably doesn't want to talk to me but i have to try. i have to.

MESSAGES!

emmy ❤️‍🩹

matt 🫶🙃
emmy
im so so sorry
i know i promised.
you dont have to talk to me right now but when you do i would like to explain myself
i also understand if you never want to talk to me again
but trust me i was trying to protect you.

emmy ❤️‍🩹
how am i supposed to trust you
you promised you would "be right back"
but you never came back.

matt 🫶🙃
i know
but you wont understand until i explain
read 12:53pm

✮✮✮

─── A SPEAKS!

fuck katelyn shes a crazy whore

like she's actually insane

i have no words for matt

emma slays every day

bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
✈︎