Before You Go

TW: Rape, mention of rape, ptsd, mental-breakdown, assault, harassment, incest, mention of suicide, heavy cussing, etc. 

MAVERICK

Guys rarely get raped, it's typically women, and that's the sad truth. In some cases. Not mine. I crush the pills in front of me into a bit of a powder and grab the shortest straw near me. I inhale the Oxy decently quickly, finding a masochistic comfort in the way it stings my nose for a minute. 

"C'mon, Theo, we haven't slept together in so long." Mallory whines, her hand reaching towards the middle of my legs. 

"No." I snap. Mallory has never been (and never will be) my girlfriend and yet she automatically thinks she is because we hooked up. 

"Fine. Christian is better anyways." She says, sticking out her bottom lip.

I don't know what I saw in her (other than rainbows because I was high at that time) and now I'm regretting even glancing at her.

"No. Leave Chris out of it." I reply, taking another whiff. She frowns in disdain.

"God, you're pitiful."

She's not lying. 

"...Come on Theo, let me have a little fun." She moves onto my lap and I attempt to push her away, but to no avail. She had bonded my hands with a rope.

Wait. 

"What are you doing Mallory?" I swallowed the lump in my throat.

Not again. Not again. Not again.

"Having some fun." She grinned wickedly and started to undress me. 

No no no no-

___

I had just turned eleven when it first happened. Surprise surprise, it was with my mother. 

My mother.

I can't even call her that. She was just the woman who tortured me with her words and the spot between her legs until I turned 17. Then she left. When she left, she left behind a letter. A letter to me. 

"I'll think of you."

I've never wished death upon anyone until that very note. And at that moment I didn't wish death on her, I wished it upon myself. I was too cowardly to commit suicide, but if someone broke into my house and tried to murder me, I'd go without a fight.

I stumble out of my house and towards Emerie Valencia's, swaying a bit.

Emerie Valencia. 

Brunette and amber-eyed with the most perfect lips ever, Emerie stayed glued in my head. Maybe it was due to the Oxy, or maybe the ASD I was diagnosed with. 

I'm Joe fucking Goldberg. 

"Bloody hell, is that you Maverick?!" Chris yells. He was standing in the front of Emerie's house, talking to her. 

"No!" I yelled back, though I continued to walk towards them. 

"Maverick? You look like shit." Emerie's lack of filter made me smile.

"Thank you." I do a spin. I'm in black dress pants and a white tunic but it's completely unbuttoned. 

"Holy shit. What did she do to you?" Chris's voice turns to horror and I look down to realize the rope marks around my wrists. There were scratch marks on my chest and back which suddenly became very painful.

"Ibuprofen would be nice." Is all I reply. 

"What do you mean "she"?" Emerie asks curiously. I glance down at her. She's decently tall, (around 5'6 or 5'7") so it doesn't take so much as a head tilt to meet her eyes.

"Mallory. My.. uh.." I glance at Chris for help, a bit desperate. 

"His ex. Real nasty bitch." He says. Even though he was talking to Emerie his eyes stayed glued on mine. This had happened before with Mallory and the last time it did I had showed up to Chris's hyperventilating and crying my eyes out. 

Currently I was high and numb so I didn't care as much as I should. 

"This Mallory girl did that to you?" Emerie asks, gesturing to my chest and wrists. 

Reluctantly, I nod. 

"Damn. Girl's got nails."

If only you knew.

I bite back the comment. "You can always switch places with me if you want." I say dryly, and she tenses immediately. 

"Shit, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" 

"It's fine. Goodnight Chris." She walks back into her house, her shoulders tense and her eyes lowered to the ground. 

"I would ridicule you for that but it seems like you've suffered enough for one night." Chris mutters. "Let's get you home." 

"Fine."

---

My dad is dead and my mother is missing. Majority of the people at Cedar Hills believe that my father is on business trips constantly, but they don't know they truth. They don't know what actually happened.

I'm not sure I even know. After all, it happened when I was five. What do I know? 

I plop onto my bed with a thud, causing the wall the bed is leaning against the tremble a bit. I glance down at my phone. Mallory was blowing up my phone with pictures of herself (mostly naked) and texts begging for me to take her back. I block her, like I should have two years ago. 

Why would you go through that willingly for two years? 

The answer to that is simple-- Mallory was a distraction. A distraction from my mother. Nothing was worse compared to my mother, including death. Hell, at the moment, death seemed like a blessing, The thought may seem depressing, but it's true. Death would be so much better, except I wouldn't see her again. 

My chest tightens. Fucking Emerie Valencia. 

She hasn't been at the school for very long and she's already ingrained herself into my head like a worm in an apple. 

I google Cedar Hills' school website, pulling up the student directory page and searching Emerie's name. 

Her name, age, and grade pops up along with her school picture. A hint of a smile threatens to take over until I see a purple spot on both sides of her neck. It was hidden decently well, but the random patch of missing freckles gave it away. 

Who the fuck did this to you?