Chapter thirteen

"WHATTTT," Bri and Elle said at the same time.
"Let me get this straight you and Darry kissed againnnn," Bri said wide eyed.
"Wait againnn???," Elle said staring at me.
"Yea, when we got back from the movies Darry and KK had kissed. Then Darry asked her on a date," Bri said taking her eyes off of me.
"What the helllll," Elle said looking at me with a straight face.
"Calm downnnnn. I think I really like him. I mean the song I wrote was kind of about him," I said and the two exchanged looks.
"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!," I almost jumped from my seat when they screamed.
"Calm the hell down. I'm driving. I just hit a fucking curb!"
"Ok ok we are sorry but KK it's happening! You are falling in love," Elle said holding her face with her hands.
I mean they weren't wrong. I fell hard for Darry. Harder than anyone else I had liked. I didn't just like Darry he was someone I could talk to. Someone that I bonded with and obviously gorgeous.
I pulled into the school parking lot and stopped. I didn't see Johnny or Pony yet so we had some time to kill.
"Johnny and Pony will be showing you around and walking you home after school. You girls are going to do great. You are brilliant and no one can never take that away from you. This is a new beginning and you are the bestest things in this world. I love you too so much. Now you are going to go in there and kick some ass.
Bri and Elle both smiled at me before wrapping me in a bear hug," Thank you KK I love you," Elle said.
"You are the bestest big sister KK I love you", Bri said letting go from the hug.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ponyboy and Johnny at the front entrance.
"You girls don't want to keep your boyfriends waiting go on," I said as they blushed and got out of the car, "Bri don't forget your volleyball tryouts are Tuesday and Wednesday and Elle your soccer tryouts are the Monday and Tuesday of next week."
"Ok I love youuuu," the girls said as hike shutting the car door. They ran up to Johnny and Pony and gave them a hug before the boys led the two into school. After dropping the girls off I headed to the dingo, it was 7:25, I was early. The doors were unlocked and I saw Dolly wiping down the bar and putting money in the register I grabbed my tote bag and guitar case and walked in.
"Well hello early bird," Dolly said looking up after hearing the bell ring.
"Hey Dolly, I just dropped the girls off and thought I should bring my guitar and my song book just in case. Also to see if you needed help."
"Well how about you set your things down in my office, put your apron on and start taking the chairs down from the tables and wiping them down," Dolly said with a sweet smile, pushing a towel and cleaner toward me.
"Yes ma'am," I said as I walked to the back setting down my things and tying on my apron. I started setting the chairs down and wiping them and the tables down. After getting that knocked out me and Dolly had time to kill and she wanted to hear my voice.
"Alright just get up on that stage and sing one of those songs in that book of yours, any song you like," Dolly said with a bright smile.
"Maybe it's the way you say my name
Maybe it's the way you play your game
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'd be mine, mine
And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile
Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine
Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time
I think that you are the one for me
'Cause it gets so hard to breathe
When you're looking at me, I've never felt so alive and free
When you're looking at me, I've never felt so happy
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'd be mine, mine
And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile
Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine
Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time
Dandelion, into the wind you go
Won't you let my darling know?
Dandelion, into the wind you go
Won't you let my darling know that?
I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'd be mine, mine
And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile
Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine
Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time
I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'd be mine, mine," I finished singing. I got this energy from singing and I knew Dolly could tell with the smile on her face.