016

Evelyn, Annabeth, and Grover had made their way back to camp and were greeted by plenty of cheering campers. However, the daughter of Aphrodite couldn't bask in the glory as she was thinking over what Grover had told the two girls about what happened in the underworld.

If Percy and Grover had gotten stuck in Tartarus, they would have never been seen alive again.

Evelyn stopped in her tracks and turned towards Grover. "Hey, where did you get those shoes that nearly pulled you and Percy into Tartarus?" Evelyn asked.

"Well, Percy gave me to them but he said Luke gave them to him but you know, Percy can't be in the sky and all so I got them. Why?" Grover answered, as Evelyn's eyes widened. The flying shoes had to been cursed and Luke had gotten them from Hermes as a gift. So there was only one person who could've cursed the shoes. 

"Eve?" Annabeth's voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

Evelyn shook her head. "We need to stay cautious here." She lowered her voice for only Annabeth and Grover to hear. Evelyn didn't say her suspicions as she knew Annabeth wouldn't believe her.

"What are you saying?" Annabeth asked.

Evelyn sighed, "I'm saying, stay on guard. Something's not adding up here and I don't want us to be in a bad situation than we already are..." She trailed off, noticing Clarisse in the distance. "Clarisse?"

Grover and Annabeth quickly turned to where Evelyn was looking, as their eyes grew wide. "Why is she still here?" Grover asked.

"Guys, there's something more to this. I don't think Clarisse could've done it." Evelyn said.

"Well, whatever it is," Annabeth shook her head and turned to Evelyn, "Tell Percy to be careful around Clarisse when he gets back." she instructed Evelyn and she nodded.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Evelyn heard the sound of campers cheering and she ran out of her cabin to see Percy, he was back.

She ran up to him and threw her arms over his neck, hugging him as he reciprocated the hug back, leaning his head on his shoulder.

"Glad you're back alive... but do you see her yet" Evelyn asked, referring to Clarisse, just like Annabeth told her too.

Percy looked around, confused with his arms still around Evelyn as he locked eyes with Clarisse. "Why is she..."

"Don't...say anything. Annie told us to be careful around her." She let go of Percy but stayed close at arms length, "I'll explain, but keep your guard up around here, and around anyone."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Evelyn stood in the doorway of the Hermes' cabin with Percy, Annabeth...and Luke. She stood away from Luke, staying close to Percy instead.

"Clarisse stole the master bolt," Percy said.

Evelyn turned to him, "Hey, we still don't know if that's true."

Annabeth spoke up, "Besides, it's complicated."

"How is it complicated?" Percy asked.

Luke chimed in, "Everyone was ready to join the war here, to start fighting each other. An accusation against Clarisse-"

"Without proof," Evelyn cut him off.

Luke nodded at her with a grin, "Exactly." she narrowed her eyes and looked away from him. Percy and Annabeth glanced at each other, noticing her wariness of Luke. "Without proof, it would have lit this whole place on fire. But now, you're back. You've stopped the war. You saved the world."