009

"I know who stole the lightning bolt... it was Clarisse."

"What?" Evelyn furrowed her brows. "It's not her, Clarisse wouldn't do that."

Annabeth disagreed. "Clarisse is exactly the type to do that."

Evelyn shook her head, "You don't know her like I do. Yes, she's difficult and unpleasant, but she's not a thief, especially with something as important as the lightning bolt. Even if Ares told her to. There has to be another explanation."

"Wait, know her like I do?" Percy repeated but the two girls ignored him. 

Annabeth raised an eyebrow, "Just because you two get along somehow, doesn't mean she's innocent."

Evelyn crossed her arms defensively, "Well I won't believe it unless I hear it from her." The girl crouched down on the dirty floor, as annoyed as she is, she was not gonna sit on that floor. 

Annabeth shook her head, staring at her best friend. "Were they friends or something?" Percy whispered to Annabeth.

"Somehow, they get along," Annabeth answered and sat on some hay in front of Evelyn.

Percy sighed, going over to sit next to Evelyn as Grover just awkwardly stood there before checking the animal cages. Percy heard a soft thud, and he quickly turned around only to see Evelyn's head against the wall with her eyes shut.

Annabeth watched her for a moment before saying, "Let her be. We all need to sleep and she needs it the most." Percy nodded as Evelyn's breath evened out, she was asleep.

"Did she just fall asleep like that?" Grover questioned.

Percy smiled, an actual princess, he thought.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Evelyn stood in an empty place, she was back in the field of flowers, underneath the myrtle tree; except, the man wasn't there. The skies were gloomy and gray, and the flowers were drooping with their petals closed. She looked around, and tried to move but it was like she was frozen and couldn't move from her spot. 

She then heard a voice, it sounded similar to the Oracle of Delphi from the attic of the big house back at camp, but this voice. It was like the strange man's voice from her past dream on the train.

Daughter of Aphrodite, child of love

shall find her power from above

The revived anemone will aid her doomed heart

once when it breaks apart

The dove will be in despair within palaces of the gods

but will win against all odds

 ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Evelyn woke up with a start, breathing heavily; both Annabeth and Grover looked at her with concern, "Eve, are you okay?" Annabeth asked with worry. 

Evelyn ran a hand through her hair, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, just a weird dream." She brushed off their concerns. Annabeth and Grover gave each other a look, but returned to their previous spots.

Percy woke up too as he blinked in confusion, looking at Grover who opened a hatch, revealing the sunlight. 

"Does this help?" the satyr asked. Percy looked around, not knowing what's going on before noticing Evelyn's shaky figure. His eyebrows furrowed with concern but didn't get a chance to talk to her as she went to sit next to Annabeth.