A History Lesson

"What did you mean..." Remus began, a little hesitant. "Earlier, when you said you had something in mind..."

Rose looked over at the man, though first took a long sip of the tea Molly had offered her.

"I'm aware of your furry little problem Remus."

Remus stiffened, holding his breath.

"I grew up with someone who had the same problem. And his family worked very hard to create a solution."

Sirius leaned forward.

"Are you saying..." Remus stared at her in shock. "Are you saying you can help me?"

Rose smiled, waving her hand to summon her bag. She rifled around in it for a moment before pulling out a small vile. Without hesitation she tossed it in the air to Remus. The man fumbled with it, nearly dropping it.

"Drink the whole thing," She stated, "It will work similar to Wolfsbane but better. That will allow you to keep your mind while in the other form, it will lessen the pain of the transformation, and it will last for an entire year."

Sirius looked down at the small potion in his friend's hand then looked up at the woman.

"How can we trust this?" He couldn't help his concern, the contents of that vile could be anything. "Surely we'd have heard about a new potion for werewolves."

Sirius took in the reactions of both Molly and Aurthur, though neither seemed surprised to learn of Remus' ailment.

Rose took another sip of her tea, as if debating how to answer the man's question.

Remus however did not wait another moment. With a single motion he uncorked the vile and dumped it down his throat. Sirius jumped up in concern, Molly dashed over to his side in an instant. The werewolf coughed violently, hissing and grimacing at the taste of the potion.

Molly quickly switched out his tea for water. He drank it quickly, prompting her to refill the cup four more times. Eventually the man was well, though he'd shocked the room with his display.

"Seriously Remus!" Sirius whisper yelled at his friend. "What is wrong with you! You have no clue what was in that vile!"

The werewolf chuckled at his friend's words, earning himself a harsh glare.

"Since when are you the responsible one?" He joked.

Sirius ran a hand down his face, the stress of the last few minutes weighed him down.

"I just..." the scar ridden man hesitated. "I just wanted to believe it was possible."

Sirius looked down at his friend, noting the constant worry he carried seemed a little lighter. Remus had always worried about hurting someone while in the wolf form. He never wanted to cause someone else to experience the pain he did.

The man clapped his friend on the shoulder understandingly.

"Fine..." Sirius sighed, eventually plopping back down on the couch next to his friend.

He looked up to see the slightly shocked, but more amused face of Rose.

"I wasn't expecting you to down it like that..." She began, shaking her head slightly. "I suppose you are part of the Marauders for good reason."

Both men stilled at her words, sharing a look with each other.

"How do you know about us?" Remus began.

"Yeah, you know things that frankly you shouldn't. And again, that potion should at least have been mentioned. If it's half as good as you're saying it is then surely it would have made the news."