Later that day, she showed Lucy how to get on a horse. Lucy was apparently scared of horses and had never ridden one. Lucy had admitted to a bad experience as a child, having nearly been trampled. But with some of Anna's guidance, she managed to sit, with help, atop Juniper. It was then that Anna asked Lucy about Belle's social life, and Lucy had shrugged and replied, "Lots of men come through here."

How intriguing. So many new things to learn about Belle's ranch... and learning about the cattle ranching business from Duke.

There she was, thinking about Duke again. Get a grip, girl.

Anna was in the back garden when it happened. The doorbell rang at the main house, and a man stepped over the threshold. Anna peeked around the shed to see what was going on. He was blonde, tall, and wiry. Anna came around to take his bags, beating Lucy to the task as Lucy emerged from the front door.

Clutching the bag in both hands, she bowed slightly. "Hello, I am Anna, maid and ranch hand. And you are?"

"Pleased to meet you, I am Sebastian Stan. I have been in touch with your mistress, Belle. I've just moved here from Chicago to arrange a marriage with her."

Anna nearly dropped his bag as her stomach twisted into knots and her pulse quickened. "I... Yes. How did you two meet?"

"Actually, we have been writing letters to each other for quite some time. I responded to an ad she put out looking for a husband. I'm seeing if it's going to work out."

Very strange... Similar to Walter.

Maybe my brother did move on, and he's the next one. Have I been paranoid this whole time? Am I weirdly jealous that there's a new guy here? What am I even doing here? Keeping secrets from my family about what I am doing, maybe I am no better than my brother who, for all I know, just bolted.

Or, maybe he was Belle's next victim. She could hardly dare think of her brother as a victim.

I have to go find out what they are saying.

She stashed his bag by the stairs, then followed Lucy as she led Sebastian into the main room to meet with Belle in person.

Whispering in Lucy's ear, "Is this what happened with my brother? Did he ever arrive, did he get this far?"

"I'll take it from here, girls," said Belle, as she took Sebastian Stan by the arm and sat down. Anna brought them tea as Lucy went outside to hang the washing in the garden.

She set the tea down on the table beside Stan, who sat with his long legs crossed. "From your correspondence, I was enthusiastic to meet you," he smiled. A thick mustache danced on his upper lip.

"It's been so lonely on the farm. Nobody else came to see me because of the advertisement. You're the first man who has responded to come here. I have longed for you since our correspondence became serious." Belle fluttered her eyelashes and giggled. "Come with me, upstairs. I will show you your room."

She winked at him.

He blushed. "Oh my."

"Anna, would you mind cleaning up here?"

Anna smiled and nodded, taking the tea tray and slowly making her way back to the kitchen. Sebastian followed Belle upstairs.

To her surprise, she overheard Belle upstairs calling to her. "Actually, Anna, can you make up the guest bed?"

"Ma'am?" Anna heard the disappointed tone in Stan's voice.

"Surely I need to get to know you first. We've got all the time in the world," Belle laughed.