Chapter 17

A few days went by of me sleeping, working, reading a lot, watching TV, eating a lot, working out for long periods and I even went down to the beach by myself to read, tan a little, and sleep a little.

I was about to go to the beach again because I was in the mood for cool waves and clear water. I wasn't in the mood for sunburns though, so I put on a couple bottles of sunscreen. Well, the first one was already almost empty.

I read one of my romance novels while laying on my towel and enjoying the warm sun, the sand on my feet, and the cool breeze. Don't forget the peace and quiet that comes with everyone being in the water and not near you. I know I need to reapply my sunscreen, but I am sure that I am the most comfortable I have been in my life. I flip the page almost skimming the book to find out what happens next as quickly as possible, I decide this is the perfect day. I also got some good food with me with my own money so nothing had brought my day down, besides being completely alone.

My reading was later interrupted when I saw a pair of sand covered feet in front of me and my book. I put my book down and looked up to see none other than a dripping wet, shirtless, Noah.

"Noah? What are you doing here?" I ask, incredibly confused.

"Well, you left your snap map on for starters." He chuckles.

I haven't seen Noah since my party.

"So, you followed me stalker?"

"No, I was actually already here with Jordan. He just left because his parents found out he snuck out after being grounded for what happened yesterday." He flashes his pearly whites at me.

"What happened yesterday?" I ask, accidentally, glancing at his abs.

"Long story, but we've been hanging out for the last few days, and he got a little wild at a party." He scratches the back of his neck nervously.

"Let me guess, you're hungover?" I ask, a little annoyed because I know Jordan is a tiny bit of a bad influence.

"No, actually... I haven't had a drink since your party."

"So how did you even have fun?" I ask sarcastically.

"I just hung out."

"Hm."

"Can I migrate over here, Ana?" He asks.

"Sure," I sigh and put my book away completely.

"Don't get too excited," he mumbles.

I chuckle.

I do want to hang out with him, but I'm still confused on how I feel about him. Maybe confused isn't the word, but rather guilty.

He lays his towel down and brings his bag over.

"Wanna go swimming?" He asks.

"Didn't you just go?" I gesture to his hair.

"Yeah so? The water's nice." He grins and stands up.

"Oh, it's gonna be cold, isn't it?" I groan.

"Oh, come on." He holds his hand out.

I roll my eyes and let him pull me up. I watched his eyes rake over my body and stop at my chest.

"Eyes up here Cameron," I tease.

He smirks at me but still his face turns a bit red. "Come on."

I push him and run in the direction of the water. I laugh while running into the not so surprisingly cold water. My supposed-to-be-strong legs don't make it far before the water becomes hard to run through and I am tackled.