Chapter 10- Begining of the End

3rd POV (At the Thorndyke Mansion)

It's been weeks since the gang's adventure on the volcanic island. Decoe and Bocoe decided to turn a new leaf since Eggman abandoned them. Shadow and Rouge are working at G.U.N. Speaking of Decoe and Bocoe, to two former hech-bots are outsit trimming the tree and sweeping the ground.

"I love working for the Thorndyke family. Now the only thing we have to attack is crabgrass!" Bocoe says happily.

"Plus we get weekends off! Eggman never gave us free time except the time he made us work for free." Decoe adds. Chris arrives home.

"Hey, how's it going, you guys?" Chris asks.

"Hello, Christopher." Decoe greets.

"Welcome home." said Bocoe.

"Your parents just arrived back here a few minutes ago." Decoe informs.

"Great! where are they?" Chris asks.

"In the backyard. They are extremely eager to see you!" Decoe adds. Chris runs inside.

"What a nice kid." said Bocoe.

"It is hard to believe that a few days ago we were trying to destroy him." Decoe states.

"I guess we should get back to work." Bocoe suggests.

"Right! We still have to fill in that ditch we dug earlier." Decoe agrees as the two continued to work.

At the backyard, Nelson and Lindsey are grilling. They're wearing Freedom shirts. Ella, Chris, Amy, Lux, and Cream are setting the tables. Chuck is stirring soup. Ella walks over as Nelson hold up some slightly burnt meat.

"Oh, uh, no thank you, sir. There might not be enough to go around." Ella tells Nelson.

"Nonsense, Ella. We have more than enough." Lindsey states.

"That's... great." Ella stuttered as Nelson served her some of the burnt meat. She cringes a little.

"I know you love good food, so I expect to see you back for seconds. When I heard all my employee were taking time off because of this freedom fad, I thought I'd take a little free time too." Nelson states.

"Christopher is thrilled that you'll be spending more time here, and so am I." Ella tells them.

"I never realized what a burden stardom is until I joined the freedom movement." said Lindsey.

"Go Freedom!" she and Nelson yelled together.

"My shish kebabs are done, so get ready, gang! They're gonna knock you out!" Nelson claims.

"I just hope the medics will be able to revive us." Chuck snarked. Chris, Cream, Lux, and Amy giggle.

Tanaka walks in. He too is wearing a freedom shirt underneath his vest.

"Professor Thorndyke. The President is on the telephone for you." Tanaka informs Chuck.

Later, in the living room. Chuck is on the phone with the president.

"What's that? You're giving the go-ahead to Project Homebound? I'll need some time to prepare. Yes, sir. Thank you, sir." with a sad expression, Chuck hangs up.

Latar, arrives in the living room with Chuck, Lux, Tails, Nelson, Lindsey, Cristina.

"This is Doctor Kim Bickley. She's a physicist from the National Science Institute." Cristina introduces.

"Nice to meet you all." Kim greets. She then explains the situation to the others.

"But how can time stop? That's impossible!" Nelson says in disbelief.