Chapter 7- The Tournament (Part 2)

3rd POV (At the Tournament)

The Tournament continues. Knuckles and Chris are in the ring. Knuckles and trying to avoid Chris.

"Keep away from me!" Knuckles yells as he backs away. Chris yells and charges at Knuckles, who leaps out of the way.

"Please, Chris. I don't want to fight you!" Knuckles pleads. Scarlet now sits in the announcer's booth, with Tails by her side.

"I don't understand, Tails. Why is Knuckles running away?" Scarlet asks.

"Knuckles probably doesn't want to fight 'cause he's afraid that Chris is gonna get hurt." Tails explains. Chris continues lunging repeatedly at Knuckles, and Knuckles keeps dodging.

"Let's go, Knuckles!" Chris yells.

"No?" Knuckles replies, still dodging.

"Quit running away!" Chris demands.

"I won't! Cut it out!" Knuckles shouts.

"Come on and fight me!" Chris urged.

"I won't fight you!" Knuckles continues to dodge Chris's attacks.

"That Chris Thorndyke certainly is brave." Scarlet comments.

"Especially when the other guy's running away." Tails adds. Chris pauses the fight.

"Why don't you just forfeit so I can win?" Chris asks Knuckles.

"Okay, but look who's in the next round!" Knuckles points to the Tournament bracket and Chris turns to look at it.

"I have to fight Lux or Shadow?!" Chris asks in disbelief.

'Lux will knock me out of the stadium if I face off against her. And Shadow's extremely powerful. I don't want to end up on his bad side like I did on the ARK. There's no way to win!' Chris thought in fear. He gulps and feigns an injury, falling on the ground.

"My appendix! Get me a doctor!" Chris cries out, holding his stomach. Elmer raises Knuckle's hand in victory.

"Knuckles move on!" Elmer shouts. Chuck and Chris are standing outside the ring.

"I think you made a very wise move, Chris." Chuck praised.

"Yeah." Chris nods.

"I see you have your mom's acting talent." Chris's Dad, Nelson points out. Lucky and Mr. Stewart are next in the ring. Scarlet approaches Mr. Stewart with a microphone.

"Stewart, how would you rate your opponent?Ah! Franklin! What are you doing here?" Scarlet asks, then realizes. Mr. Stewart freaks out.

"I just look like me! Oh, my cover's been blown!" Mr. Stewart yells as he runs out of a ring and past a security guard.

Elmer lifts Lucky into the air by its arm in victory. Mr. Tanaka walks into the ring to face Emerl. He is wearing cultural clothing and is carrying a long wooden stick.

"Brake yourself, my little friend! I am going to stick it to you!" Tanaka leaps into the air with his wooden sword and attempts to slam it upon Emerl. However, the robot copies his skill and catches the other end of the stick.

"Oh no..." Tanaka realizes as Emerl wrenches the sword out of his grasp and leaps into the air. The wooden sword stops right above Tanaka's head.

"I give up." Tanaka admits.

"Yay, Emerl!" Cream cheered.

"Chao-Chao!" Cheese chirped. Rouge and Lux are in the battle ring, ready to face each other.