Chapter 3- Space Colony Ark

3rd POV (on the Space Colony Ark)

In space, Chris and Lux look at the window in a space station.

"Wow! It's hard to believe that we really traveled into space. And we're inside a space station" Chris said in awe, then asks Shadow.

"We call this place Space Colony ARK." Shadow simply states.

"I've never heard of that before." Lux replied.

"It was built fifty years ago by Professor Gerald Robotnik. It's been kept... secret." Shadow explains.

"Professor Gerald Robotnik? Is he related to Eggman?" Lux asks.

"You could say that." Shadow replied.

"Wow, a secret space colony! I wonder if I'm the only kid who's ever gone into space." Chris wondered.

"You're not." Shadow confirmed.

"Then who was?" Lux asked. Shadow doesn't answer and remains silent.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to bring up something to make you upset." Lux apologized, realizing her mistake.

"Hey, you know what? You look a lot like my friend Sonic. Are the two of you related?" Chris asks Shadow, who just stares at him.

"I highly doubt that he and Sonic are related, Chris." Lux whispered. Shadow envisions Chris as the girl he lost and remember what happened on the ARK.

Shadow's Flashback

Shadow and a young girl with blonde hair wearing a blue dress and shoes run away from a G.U.N soldier.

"Stop them! We can't let them get away!" The G.U.N soldier yelled as Shadow and the yound room head inside a room with escape pods. The girl pushed Shadow in one the escape pods as she runs towards the control panel. Shadow struggles to break the escape pod to protect the girl, but to know avail.

"Listen, Shadow. I want you to promise me... please." The girl begged. G.U.N soldiers are banging on the door.

"No! Maria, wait!" Shadow cries out.

"Whatever happens, remember I'll always be your friend, Shadow. We always talked about going to visit the planet one day. But it looks like you'll have to go there without me. Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog." with that, Maria pulls the switch and collapses. The escape pod Shadow in jettisoned into space.

Flashback ends

Just then, Eggman, Decoe and Bocoe arrive aboard the Space Colony Ark. Eggman is about to make an important announcement. Decoe and Bocoe are filming him as Rouge, Shadow, Chris, and Lux watch.

"This is an Eggman update. I'm here to bring you an explosive surprise. Look at the sky. I'm coming to you planet-bound bumpkins live from outer space! Let me show you the true power of the Eggman Empire!" Eggman proclaimed.

"What's Eggman gonna do?" Chris asks Shadow, who smirks and chuckles evilly. This makes Chris and Lux nervous.

"Now, let's have a blast." Eggman presses a button, revealing the Eclipse Cannon. It fired a laser that destroyed half of the moon.

"With that much power, Eggman can blow up any planet he wants!" Chris states.

"It is official, he's insane!" Lux yells.

"Eggman wasn't lying about the Eclipse Cannon. It is the ultimate weapon." Rouge tells them.

"That came from my Eclipse Cannon, and if you don't surrender to the Eggman Empire within twenty-four hours, I'll blow your planet away!" with that, Eggman ends his announcement.

"Today it's finally going to come to an end." Shadow declared as Lux looks at him in confusion.

"What's 'going to come to an end'?" Lux questions, watching the sunrise.

"Shadow, why did you bring us here?" Chris asks Shadow, who envisions him as Maria.

Shadow's Flashback

Maria approaches Shadow, who's looking down at the Earth.

"Are you going to stare out that window all day, Shadow?" Maria asked. Shadow looks at her then back at the window.

"I've seen photographs from down on the surface, but I wonder what it's like to be there. What is it like to see the sky above your head? I'd like to visit there and find out." Shadow tells her.

"Me too." Maria agrees.

"Maybe I can find some answers down there. Professor Robotnik said I'm here to do something important, though he never told me what that means. And something tells me that it's connected with that planet." Shadow states.

Flashback Ends

Rouge enters the room where Chris, Shadow, and Lux are watching the sunset together.

"Don't you ever smile." Rouge asks Shadow, who crossed his arms in response.

"Hi, Chris, Lux." Rouge greets.

"Hello, Rouge." Chris greets back.

"It's good to see you, too." Lux replied.

"Aren't you glad to see me, Shadow?" Rouge asks and Shadow starts to walk away.

"I love it when you give me the silent treatment." Rouge calls out, sarcastically. Shadow has already left the room.

"What's with Mr. Sunshine?" She asks and Lux simply shrugs.

Back on Earth, Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, and Tanaka manage get in the shuttle as it starts to take off.

'Hang on, Chris and Lux. We're coming for ya.' Sonic though as they enter space.