Isn't it midnight? || Dabi

★~~~

ғɪʀsᴛ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ
ᴏᴄ x ᴅᴀʙɪ (ᴍʜᴀ)

~~~★

I ran through the alleyway, shrouded in shadowed darkness. Feet splattering in the puddles, cold rain hitting my skin like a thousand ice-cold needles. I quickly slipped the blood-covered, red heels off my feet and ran like my life depended on it... because it did. My hair was coming undone from its neat bun. Calm, synchronised thuds began to speed up, becoming louder as they approached. It was hard to tell how far they were due to the cacophony caused by heavy rain and ear-bursting screams nearby. I glanced over my shoulder to see the blinding, flashing lights.

Shit.

I turned back again, cutting corners at rapid speed. Downtown Musutafu was like a maze of dead-ended alleyways and poverty struck side streets and unluckily for me, I suck at mazes. As I ran, I pushed garbage bins down to the floor behind me, the contents scattering across the cracked, concrete ground. Hoping something would make them trip, I threw whatever I could reach as I dashed down street after street, short cuts and alleyways.

My legs were burning in the freezing temperatures but I couldn't stop. Not if I wanted to live... and I needed to live. Movement was further restricted by the skin-tight, carmine dress I had decided to wear out to the bar that evening.

The souls of my feet began to ache from the dirty ground. Glass shards became stuck in the bottoms, creating a trail of blood behind me. A purple hue appeared upon my skin but I couldn't stop. I couldn't let them get me like they got her.

I dashed around, taking every turn I could find but (like I said) I suck at mazes and eventually reached a dead end. I desperately grabbed at the brick wall, hoping, praying to be able to pull myself over it.

First came the flashing lights, then three shadows showed on the wall. I froze. The clock bell struck midnight.

I quickly turned around, my eyes dashing focus as I rapidly tried to find something to defend myself with. Nothing within reach.

"There's no where to run now, Miss Sho."

I couldn't breath. I couldn't move. I couldn't think. Her screams encased my thoughts, taking control of my head space. A flash of blue hue came by my side and a soft, light heat came shining from behind me. More screaming. More pain. More violence. My mind was spinning as I felt my knees buckle and ankles cave in.

~~~★

My eyes fluttered open, quickly adjusting to the dim lighting of the room. Dried blood splatters covered the ceiling and chains hung from one of the corners. An old chair with only three legs was rested against the wall but it was only me in the room. I laid on a cheap mattress in the middle of the room, springs poking into my spine like daggers. The door was hanging on by rusted hinges and was knocked slightly open.

Somebody was arguing outside as I tried to understand the suppressed, muffled shouting but no luck. Even the thinnest of walls can keep some disagreements silent.

Squeaking could be heard as the rusty door came sliding open. "Hii!" A girl with messy blonde haïr, tied up into two buns came inside, grinning widely and baring her fangs. She held a sharpened blade firmly on her grasp and a mask dropped gently infront of her neck.

"Hello..." I mumbled, still taking in my surroundings.

"My name is Himiko Toga!" As she spoke, she used hand gestures to emphasise each word. Very expressive. The girl came walking up to me with an even wider grin, "I'm here to torture you!"