Lie that seperated us || Loki

★~~~

ғɪʀsᴛ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ
ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ x ʟᴏᴋɪ ʟᴀᴜғᴇʏsᴏɴ

~~~★

Golden glow seeped in through the cafe windows as the sun began to set in front. New York City was beautiful at golden hour and the placement of the cafe made each building and passing car look like a painted silhouette. A shrouded figure entered, only becoming noticeable as he stepped under the white light and allowed the door to swing shut behind him.

"Sir, we are actually about to close but if there's anything I can get you to go?" I smiled welcomingly just as I did with all customers.

His sculpted features scrunched in confusion, relaxing again upon realising my two co-workers cleaning the tables. "Two can play that game." He mumbled, strolling closer then reading the menu. Under his breath, he spoke, "What's a green chai tea?" His eyes met with mine.

"It's a type of tea made from camellia leaves and buds but hasn't undergone withering or oxidation." I whispered, not wanting to alert anyone or attract attention to our conversation.

He sighed, "I'll just take some grapes."

I couldn't stop the gentle smile that crossed my face, "Not an option."

"Then I'll skip on ordering." He stated, leaning forwards so his body was half-way over the counter. "It wasn't an option in Jotunheim either. Haven't had any grapes in years."

"There's a market down the road, you should be able to get some there." I picked up a wet cloth and wiped over the front counter before going into the back room to grab my coat and car keys. By the time I got back, he had already gone outside and was waiting near the road. "You guys can lock up without me, right?" I asked, glancing over to my co-workers.

One scoffed, "Just like every other time."

I couldn't help but grin, "Great! Thanks." Quickly, I made my way out of the cafe and towards my old friend.

"Y/N, always a pleasure." He grinned wickedly. I knew better than to think of his wickedness as a plot for evil, it was just a little act that he thought made him more interesting than his brother. I think he's just naturally the more interesting of the two.

I gently bowed my head, "I can say the same for you, Loki." For some reason, I hadn't processed his words earlier so now they were only just being put together. "Hang on, you said Jotunheim?... and years?"

His grin turned into an uncomfortable frown, "Yes... when you left, Thor developed a new party trick... lying."

"Okay. A) I was kicked out. I didn't leave by choice. And B) You're going to need to elaborate, your highness."

Loki chuckled at the nickname, we'd never been on such uneven levels. "When you were kicked out, Thor decided to tell me you were sent to Jotunheim instead of Midguard. It was meant as a joke for his warrior friends but you know my brother, he'd never admit to a lie." He gulped heavily as we set off towards my car. "I uh... as the oaf put it, the rightful heir returned home. I spent years looking for you in that awful realm."

A soft smile spread as my cheeks flushed, "You went to Jotunheim for me?"

He scoffed, "Don't act like the temperatures bother me."

"I never said it did - I just didn't think you'd ever return to the lane of frost giants after... well, everything." My smile grew wider as my ears burned from embarrassment. Loki hates talking about his biology.

"Yeah, well... some people are worth it." We stood in silence, gazing into each others eyes for a moment too long before Loki spoke once more, still not breaking eye contact, "What are we going to do about Thor?"

My eyes widened, blinking a few times, "Hold up. You came here because you thought I'd have a plan to get revenge on Thor?"

His eyebrows furrowed, "Don't you?"

I opened my mouth to speak but quickly closed it again, taking in a deep breath before speaking, "Of course I do but that's not the point."

He gently wrapped an arm around me as we stopped beside my car, "No, I came here for you, darling. I've been looking for years, remember? But revenge on the oaf would be a glorious addition."

A familiar face passed by, "Good evening, Y/N." They smiled.

I smiled back, "Evening, Sammy. See you tomorrow?"

"As usual!" They tipped their head before slipping into their car driver seat.

Loki glanced between them and me, "Who's that?" He asked.

"Just a regular at the coffee shop, one of the good few."

~~~

Might do part 2 but I'm
getting bored of this one!!