Chapter 4

Souji: Only around you, I'm weird.
Me: Is that supposed to be a good thing?
Souji: Yes. Cause only you can see this side of me.
Me: Good, I want to be the only one to see this side of you.
He just laughs again as I sit in between his legs while looking at the stars that shine so brightly in the sky.
Souji: I want every day to be like this. Spending time with you all the time, doing fun activities with you, even if it is just hanging up laundry, with you is where and when I am happiest.
Me: When did you get this cheesy?
Souji: I was always this cheesy.
Me: Oh really? I didn't notice.
Souji: That hurts.
Me: You big baby.
Souji: I'm your baby though!
I just laugh at him and hug him while embracing the moment. Also, while taking in his scent as much as possible.
Souji: Hey, you are hugging me too tight.
Me: I don't care. I just want to be with you.
Souji: Well then get married to me then.
Me: Is that a way to ask someone to marry them?
Souji: It's my way of asking you to marry me.
Me: Well then, I have a way of answering you.
I got up, kneeled in front of him until my eyes met his and kissed him again.
Me: There. That's my response.
He just grinned and hugged me from behind.
The next morning, I quickly got up and made breakfast for everyone while humming happily. After that we went to greet the new recruits.
A couple of days later, Serizawa-san went to Osaka to attend some business. Toshizo-san stayed behind to do other things behind the scenes while Heisuke was told to watch after Koudou-san and Niimi-san.
Once Serizawa-san came back, he was furious. The others had this serious look on their face while Souji was smirking like crazy. Sannan-san told the rest of us what happened.
Apparently, Serizawa-san and Souji struck some unarmed sumo wrestlers. That surprized not only myself but Toshizo-san as well. I looked at Souji and I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him elsewhere.
Me: Are you crazy? Why in hell did you do that?!
Souji: I just wanted to have a little fun...
Me: A little fun? ARE YOU INSANE!? KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE IS FUN FOR YOU? Is that what it is?
Souji: Yes, what of it?
Me: If you are going to act so rash and so illogical like this, I might as well not marry you.
Souji: What? Just cause of this little thing you don't want to marry me anymore?
Me: This is not little! These are people's lives we're talking about and you call this a little thing? Are you out of your god damn mind!?
Souji: You're overreacting.
Me: Well you are underreacting!
With that I walked away from him. I went back inside the manor and stayed in my room.
Heisuke: Aoi-san, its dinner time.
Me: I'm not hungry, Heisuke. You all can eat without me.
Heisuke: Are you sure?
Me: Yeah.
A couple of hours later, I fell asleep. However, someone decided to open my room door and bother me as I was sleeping.
??? : I'm sorry, Aoi. I didn't mean to upset you. I know what I did was stupid and unreasonable. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to do what I did and I didn't mean to yell at you either. I'm sorry.
With that they person left the room and they silently shut the door behind them.
I woke up the next morning, thinking back to the past and how different it was from now.
I made breakfast for the others and I quickly placed it in the main room. I went outside to tend the garden. I was staring at it for quite a while before Kondou-san told me to come in for breakfast. I slowly walked inside and sat down for breakfast. I started eating slowly as everyone else was pretty lively. Once I finished I quickly got up and went back outside to stare at the garden.
Kondou: Did you and Souji get into a fight again?
I turned around to see Kondou-san behind me, smiling a bit.
Me: Yes, I suppose so.
Kondou: Was it about the incident that happened in Osaka that upset you?
Me: Yes.
Kondou: I know what he did was a bit unreasonable, but we didn't really have a choice, after all it was Serizawa-san that ordered us to do so.
Me: I see.
Kondou: Hopefully, you both will make up. I've known you both ever since you were both quite young. Don't let this ruin your relationship with one another.
Me: Kondou-san... Souji asked me to marry him...
Kondou: But?
Me: I can't I marry him if he always does something like this. He thinks killing lives are fun and he doesn't care as long as he gets to kill them.
Kondou: I see you are unsure whether to stay with him or not because of his behaviour. That is something to be concerned about but, maybe it'll work out. Maybe you can control his killing urges.
Me: I don't know.
Kondou: I'm sure you'll be able to balance Souji out, it's you after all.
Me: I'll try my best.
Kondou: I'm sure you will. After all, you were the one who took care of the garden. Now it looks wonderful. *laughs*
Me: *chuckles* I see. I'll try my best to help him then. After all, Souji is like a son to you right?
Kondou: Yes, he is.
Once the sky turned dark everyone was out running. Apparently, Niimi-san experimented on another person that Serizawa-san beat up today which wasn't good. But on the contrary at least he won't be able to attack anyone during the day.
The next day, everyone went to look for the fury. I supposed it recognised Heisuke and Ibuki-kun's scent and went after them.
A couple of days after that, more and more furies were being tested and experimented on. And more and more ronins were being used and attacked by Serizawa-san.
On that same day Saitou-kun was told to go to Osaka to hang the ronin's head. Soon after Ibuki-kun was then taught the way of the sword by Saitou-kun.
Day after day, Ibuki-kun worked hard to keep up with his daily chores and Saitou-kun's training.
I still haven't talked to Souji at all. I've been avoiding him recently but, even if I do that, every night he would come over to my room to apologize, and tell me how lonely it is without me and such.
After the men came back from Osaka, the story about how Toshizo-san cut off a geisha's hair because of Serizawa-san travelled all the way to Kyoto.
Soon after, another fury was then set off running thanks to Serizawa-san. This time too, I decided to stay in the manor than go out and find the fury. It was decided by both Toshizo-san and Kondou-san that I shouldn't go out too much anymore since I was female.
However, because there was a huge event happening that is supposed to raise the funds for the Shinsengumi I was told to help out. But then we were then forced to quickly run to the place where Yamazaki had announced. Once we all got there, Serizawa had set the store on fire.