~2~

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

....

All Athena saw was a sudden whirlwind of blonde hair, before she was pulled into a carriage. She gasped, partly with surprise, and partly because she felt something slam into her so hard, the air in her lungs had gone. 

"Aubrey, you idiot! Never do that again!" Athena exclaimed, hugging back the blonde tightly.

"Oh I definitely will." laughed Aubrey, pulling back and looking at her friend, trying to stifle her laughter, "The expression on your face was priceless." Her eyes glimmering with excitement, and her dirty blonde hair which cascaded down her back.

"Do it again and I'll lock you in a classroom with Filch."

"Oh, I'd love to see that." said Camilla, her brown ringlets slicked back into a tight bun, the way she wore it whenever her parents were around, as she knew they would have something to say about her appearance. She stepped forward and softly embraced Athena. 

"Millie! I'm surprised you're here. Aren't you meant to be in the prefects' carriage?" asked Athena, putting her trunk away and slouching into the nearest seat. Aubrey sat beside her, turning sideways and resting her legs on Athena's lap.

"Yeah. I wanted to see you both before I went. Honestly, I'm worried to see who the other Slytherin prefect is." Camilla sighed, making her way to the carriage door.

"Five galleons they'll be a git." said Aubrey.

"Deal." replied Camilla with a smile, as she left, not before she called out, "Wish me luck!"

"Good luck soldier." said Athena, as she and Aubrey saluted Camilla as she disappeared down the corridor.

"How was your holidays?" she asked, turning around to the blonde.

Aubrey  sat up, as she launched into a story that was on the tip of her tongue, "You'll never guess who I caught Mason snogging in Dragon Alley..."

~~~

An hour or two later, the girls sat, sprawled across the seats, their laps filled with treats from the trolley, their stomachs full, still yet to hear from Camilla. The two girls were belly laughing so hard, their eyes watered and faces turned pink. 

"And then," said Athena, "He said, 'My friends call me Gideon, but you can call me anytime.'"

Aubrey burst out laughing, and asked between giggles, "And what did you say?"

"I just rolled my eyes and walked away." replied Athena, covering her mouth trying to hold in laughs of her own.

"Oh wow! That has to be the worst pick up line I've ever heard," snickered Aubrey, "And trust me, I've heard a lot," as she wiped away tears from her eyes, trying not to smudge her mascara.