~Prologue~

Prologue

Prologue

.....

The Sorting Ceremony 1972

"Look! There she is!" exclaimed Aubrey, pointing at the crowd of tiny first years clambering into the Great Hall, their eyes wide in awe.

"Where?" asked Athena Grace, squinting at the sea of black robes, craning her neck.

"Honestly, you're so blind. I think you need glasses." joked Camilla, her curls bouncing as she shook her head. She playfully nudged Athena's arm. "There!"

Trailing behind the group was a young boy and girl. The boy with jet black curls falling into his dark, calculating eyes, which seemed as though they held a thousand secrets. 

Beside him stood a girl, dragging her feet, her caramel hair soaked from the heavy downpour outside. Her warm eyes glimmered with admiration as she observed her surroundings. Light freckles dusted her face, her cheeks slightly pink from the bitter September weather. 

She whispered something to the boy beside her, and he gave her the tiniest of smiles, which brightened his face. Her smile, was the brightest of all. Her face glowed as she gave him a wide grin. The Hale sisters were always told they had beautiful smiles.

The girl's eyes widened as she spotted the Slytherin table, as she eagerly searched for her sister.

Athena gave her sister a thumbs up and grin as they made eye contact. Her sister returned it with a nervous smile. 

She knew her sister was worried about the Sorting, with the girls' mother in Ravenclaw and Athena in Slytherin, with the both of the proudly wearing their house colours, it was unknown which house she would be sorted into. 

"You'll be fine." mouthed Athena.

"Wow, I forgot how much you and Charlotte look alike." murmured Aubrey next to her, her messy blonde hair thrown carelessly into a braid down her back.

"How dare you insult me like that!" said Athena incredulously, turning to the blonde.

"It's the smile," commented Camilla.

The Great Hall fell silent as Professor McGonagall stepped up next to the chair in which the Sorting hat was sat upon.

Well, everyone apart from four boys.

Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew.

James Potter; a boy with messy dark hair, which never looked like it was combed. His glasses with so many finger marks, you could barely see his eyes, was perched lopsided on his nose. Irritating, but Athena admired his fierce loyalty.

Remus Lupin; a quiet boy, who Athena didn't really mind. Tall and lean, with mousy hair and brown eyes, he mostly tried to avoid being the centre of attention. Well of course, that was almost never achieved as his best friends are the Marauders.