I

With Deanna and Nat location: Manhattan, NY

With Deanna and Nat
location: Manhattan, NY

🗽🍎🏙️💰

Nat came into the house while Deanna was cooking dinner

Nat came into the house while Deanna was cooking dinner. Nat took off his shoes. Then his scarf and coat, he was out trying to book gigs. He knew rent was coming up but nothing was going right. He couldn't bare to tell Deanna about his next failure.

"Hey baby.." Nat softly spoke walking into their small kitchen smelling some delicious pasta. He was so lucky to have a wife who was understanding. He knew she wouldn't love him less, but he couldn't bare to disappoint her. Not that he could because Deanna was truly obsessed with him.

"hi baby.." Deanna smiled hearing Nat's soft voice and footsteps in their tiny apartment. She missed him so much. She needed his warm arms around her waist. She was so in love. "I'm making us pasta for dinner and we have just enough of our favorite wine left for this meal"

We couldn't afford wine often but I knew Deanna enjoyed it. She would grab a glass and would curl up to the couch with sex and the city playing. I wanted Deanna to have those finer things. I just don't understand why music gigs are so hard to grab. It was so depressing trying and trying with no changed goal.

"It smells amazing babygirl. I love your cooking so much, I can't wait to eat dinner." He kissed her cheek and then headed off to wash my hands for dinner

"How was today? Did you get any gigs? I know they had to love your songs" Deanna gushed about her husbands talents

"Um, well.." Nat decided if he wanted to tell the truth or lie. He never lied to Deanna, but he couldn't just tell her he was still jobless. He would just prove her parents right. Oh how he wanted to prove them wrong.

"Something wrong baby?" Deanna asked getting worried as she turned off the pasta as it was finished. Then grabbed them two plates and began adding the food to their plates.

I came out of the bathroom and walked over to the table to sit down. "You mind if we don't talk about it today" Nat asked softly wanting the subject to change so badly.