It's What You're Meant For

You are lost in the pitch-black cave beyond the island's emergency shelter. Darkness smothers you. As Jake leads your group hand-in-hand through the blackness, you try to calm yourself, focusing on the touch of the fingers laced with yours. Jake's, rough and strong. Quinn's, soft and small.

"You still with us, Princess?" You hear Jake call for you.

"Don't you worry about me. I can handle it." You say mostly to reassure yourself.

Jake chuckles. "Who said I was worried?"

"I'm the one who's worried." Diego calls out. "This is the part of the movie where the audience yells, 'What are you doing? Turn back! How are you guys so stupid?'"

You could practically feel Jake roll his eyes. "Relax. Keep moving forward. The schematic said this is the only way out."

You look back over your shoulder, past where Quinn and the rest of your group follow you, linked hand-in-hand. But all you see is more darkness. The light from the halls of the emergency shelter is long gone as you venture deeper into the cave.

"Just hold on to each other's hands. I think we're about to-" Jake suddenly screams in panic.

"What happened?" Aleister shouts from the back. "Is the pilot dead?"

You hear Jake scoff. "What? No! The stupid little fox thing ran over my foot. It just spooked me a little, okay? ...l'm gonna preemptively tell you all to shut up."

You can hear the sound of tiny paws on dirt as the fox scampers ahead.

"Where's he going?" Lila asks.

Diego sighs dramatically. "He's leaving us to die. Can't say I blame him."

"Wait, listen." You shush everyone. "I think he wants us to follow him. Maybe he can see in the dark."

Tracking the fox's call, Jake leads the line around a tight corner towards an alcove glowing with a strange greenish-blue light.

"Uh, am I seeing things now, or is there something glowing in front of us?" Diego says.

Quinn presses against you. "Looks like some sort of crystal or gemstone. It's mounted in the wall of the cave somehow."

"Certainly not natural." Aleister states. "Look, it's smoothly polished."

"Why did the fox lead us here?" Lila questions. "To use this as a light source? I'm not sure it's bright enough."

"Better than nothing." You shrug. "Let's see if we can get it out of the wall."

You pull on the crystal orb, and it pops out of the socket into your hands. Your heart skips a beat. Engraved into stone are handprints but it only has four fingers that looked like they have claws. "Are you guys seeing this? It's got a pair of handprints engraved in it."

"I dunno about you, but my hands don't exactly look like that." Lila says skeptically.

"Gotta be for a reason." Jake steps closer to you. "Y/N, put your hands in the markings."

"I dunno, man." Diego shakes his head. "I've seen Indiana Jones. If you touch that and a boulder comes rolling through here, l am out."

"I can't, anyway." You say. "Both the handprints are for right hands. It's for two people."

"I think two of us should try it and see what it does." Quinn suggests.

Diego laughs. "Oh man, is someone getting Freaky Fridayed? Please tell me someone's getting Freaky Fridayed."