𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐃𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐚

ꜱᴀɴᴛɪᴀɢᴏ ᴀʟᴠᴀʀᴏ

I open the car door for Leilani, and she climbs into my car. I close the door and then round to the other side. When I'm in the car, I put the car in the engine and peel off the pavement.

"So, what happened to your sister?" Leilani asks. "She was just fine when I saw her in your office earlier."

I shrug and make a left turn. "My maid called me and said Salma came in, completely unexpected crying her eyes out. She locked herself in the guest room she usually sleeps in and hasn't come out since."

She gives me a curious look. "So, what do you need me for?" She raises an eyebrow and pouts. She looked fucking adorable. "Moral support?"

"Yeah. For her, though, not me. She doesn't really have...friends like that," I say, awkwardly.

Growing up, Salma was always a social butterfly while I hung in the background taking care of her and our Mamá. People would often get closer to her to find a way to me.

And it only got worse when the guys and I found ALARAX. After a while, Salma just stopped trying to make friends.

When she met her ex, Chris, he was her saving grace. The only socialization she had other than me, the guys, and our Mamá. But then he cheated and lost the best thing that ever happened to him.

"You're the only female I know...." I trail off and she stares at me, intensely. I reach for her hand, unconsciously and loop our fingers together. I hear her intake a sharp breath and she tries to let go of my hand, but I don't let her. We stare at each other deeply, electricity blaring between us. "You're the only female I know and trust with my sister."

"Mr. Alva-"

"Santiago," I state firmly. Those beautiful, brown eyes stare up at me. "We're outside work. You can call me Santi."

She turns to face forward and lets out a deep breath. After a beat, she let go of my hand and I let her.

Later we arrived at my house, and I jumped out of the car the second I turned the ignition off. Leilani follows behind me.

"Santiago, wait! You're moving extremely fast," Leilani calls out.

I stop and wait for her to catch up. We walk side by side as I open the door.

"Forgot how nice your place was," Leilani observes.

The farther we reached inside, the louder the cries from Salma's room were. I knocked on her door. "Hermanita. Soy yo. Porfavor abre la Puerta."
|Spanish- Baby sister. It's me. Please open the door.|

The cries stop for a moment. "Vete, Santiago. No quiero hablar ahora."
|Spanish- Go away, Santiago. I don't want to talk right now.|

"Salma, c'mon. Please talk to me. I hate seeing you like this," I say, jiggling the doorknob.