Chapter 2 - The Demon

CHAPTER 2

"Gotcha!"

I glance to Nasya as she cheerfully shouted. She got the attention of some shop goers, yet immediately go back to their own agenda. I saw her holding a Baume et Mercier watch. It looks prime and elegant.

"Look, Sheen. I got a perfect watch for yeobo," she said happily, as if she's a little kid who got a birthday gift from her parents. She really loves calling her boyfriend, yeobo. But I kept on calling that guy, pakyu. At first, she got mad at me but I didn't mind it.

"Err... that's too expensive for that guy! Hindi naman deserve no'n," I said, disagreeing.

"You didn't like it, Sheeny? It's cute though." She used to call me on that disgusting and awful name. I hate it every time I heard that. She's using that name every time I disagree to her. At this time I won't let my superego win to my id.

"Yeah." I replied monotonously. "I have a yoga class to attend, Nasya. Mauuna na ako sa'yo, okay?"

"Wait!" She turned over the watch to the shop assistance of the store. The next thing I heard made me speechless. "I'll have it, miss." She gave her credit card to the attending lady. Then handed to her the paper bag where a gift to her not-so-ideal boyfriend was inside.

She runs towards my direction. "You really bought it, huh?" I said in an irritated tone.

"I can't let someone have it. Don't mind it, it's just a cent," she confidently replied. "Let's go!"

She grabbed my hand and pulled me as we ran. I just found myself standing in front of a fashion boutique. Nasya is Nasya after all. I can't stop her to everything she wanted to do. Besides I am just a mere asshole trying to fit myself into their family.

Her family runs a business abroad. They also owned a well-known fancy restaurant all over the country. Sometimes I couldn't help myself to get envy of what she had. Well, I am just lucky to be part of their family.

Tito and Tita are so genuine to me. After grade school, I thought I wouldn't continue my studies. Yet I was wrong.

They let me study in a spectacular university I am dreaming before. We are studying in the same university with Nasya. They allow me to take the program I really wanted. They dressed me in every special occasion I am attending. They gave me the best debut which a debutant wishes for when they turn eighteen. They gave me the comfortable life even though I am just a neglected baby when they found me.

Akala nila tito at tita ay hindi na sila magkakaanak. So they decided to adapt me. Until one day, tita got pregnant. They have been blessed with an angel, it was Nasya. Her name is Hebrew in origin and it means miracle. Isang miracle baby para sa kanila ni tito and tita si Nasya. I am two years older than Nasya.

That's why I couldn't help thinking why my parents abandoned me? Am I not a miracle for them? Maybe I am just a product of their sins before. Or I am really destined to be a neglected child.

I sometimes cursed them for being irresponsible fucking parents. Why did they allow me to live in the first place?
I woke up from a deep thought when Nasya fillip my forehead. "What are you doing there? Will you just standing there until this store closed?"

I rolled my eyes. "Do whatever you want, Nasya. Besides, wala naman akong balak na samahan ka diyan sa anniversary surprise mo do'n sa pakyung 'yon."

"Sheeny?" she said, with the I-will-kill you stare.

"Okay, Fine!" I surrender.

"You're too harsh every time you call my yeobo with that name," she said with puffed eyes.