The Song of Sirens(II)

Start from the beginning

"26....not counting submarines..."

"I guess one of the three ships here are the Ash's Lark,and the Mallard is leading the close combat fleet.Judging by Franklin's personality,I would say that he's on the Mallard,and it's also the flagship.That would ensure that the enemy while trying to sink the more valuable carrier would not destroy the command center of the fleet.A clever flare,I must say"

Flandre draws out a sharp conclusion,but by her side,the lieutenant is still working on his calculation.

"If we add submarines to our fleet,that's three ships,and use the number of submarines CSF has in their most recent voyage,which is four,then we're fighting 10 to fourteen anti-sub missiles enough for this?"

"More than enough,tell them to be ready.And how is the sonar?"

"Nothing happened yet,we haven't found anything"

Before attacking the enemy's fleet head on,destroying any submarine that isn't friendly is important to secure their safety under the water.A shallow sea like Oured Bay shouldn't welcome any large size submarine to come,but the smaller silent killers are still a problem.Right now,watching from the sonar,the other fleet is also throwing their sonars out looking for their submarines.

The Siren fleet has three Los Angeles-class submarines,less than one compared to the Elite CSF 1,but that doesn't really matter for now.Looking for the subs is much more the problem.The sonars are still feeding more about the terrain of the bay,but not the enemy subs.

Ping!*

<<Rear Admiral Blanche calling Control Room,continue looking for them,if they were detected,call for our submarines and ready to attack.We have very little time between our first shots and the close range battle>>

<<I got it,ma'am,but is that okay?The CSF 1 is coming in very close,I'm not sure if it's safe to attack them right head on>>

<<No worry,I will take any responsibility>>

Flandre puts the phone down on her desk

"Either you will be decorated,or facing court martial,am I right,Flandre?"

"Yeah,you'r-"

"Flan!"

Bam!*

Right close to the position of their ship,an explosion blasted out in a fuel storage by the shoreline of the capital city.Its shockwave lifted up the ship from her stable position and leaned her to the right,before gravity pulled the heavy cruiser back to the center,pushing the already old weakened frame into a collision with the sea surface.

Ram!*

The left outside of the ship was filled with white foam,some sea water made its way up to the crimson deck and metallic handrails.A few cracks have existed in the middle of the ship,where the shockwave and the gravity' collision hit the hardest,some of them had let sea water flow into,making the old ship even more damaged.

"Call for emergency repair ASAP,check for any damage and repair them"

Smoke from that explosion rose up into the air,thickening the already thick black fumes.Despite that,the Black Sparrow and the two cruisers have been revealed under the light of fire.If the other fleet wasn't blinded,they are now exposed to both the enemy's radars and eyes.

"Damn it.That must be from the Mallard.Franklin doesn't have any patience to get back his Fleet Admiral rank.Sodem,range"

"6000"

Flandre grabs her binoculars and rushes to the small window in her room.

Hiding behind the early mist, an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer sailed out.