Love

"See that? Look at that! It's really pretty." Alexis says as she and Vitani are looking up at the stars.

"Yeah. It's beautiful. The stars shine so bright." Vitani says.

"They really do. There's another one that looks like a baby rabbit." Alexis says as Vitani smiles.

"This is so beautiful. I've never done this before." Vitani says.

"Really? Simba my adoptive father and I used to do this all the time with Kiara. He says all the great Kings of the past are up there." Alexis says.

"Really? Do you believe that?" Vitani asks as she looks at Alexis.

"Honestly there's times I don't know if I do." Alexis says as she looks down and sighs.

"What do you mean?" Vitani asks as she sits up.

"I mean I miss my mom. My birth mom. I miss her quite a bit and while I love my new adoptive parents it's just..." Alexis says as she sits up.

"Not the same." Vitani says as Alexis nods.

"No. But hearing Simba tell me about all the spirits of the past being up there it gives me a sense of comfort when I need it. When I look at the stars or really connect with my wolf side it lets me feel like my mom is still there with me in spirit." Alexis says as she looks up at the stars.

"I'm sorry." Vitani says as she gives a sympathetic look.

"Don't be. It can't be changed what happened to me." Alexis says.

"I understand that. I was just a cub when Simba exiled Zira and her followers to the Outlands. I was just a cub but couldn't change that he felt we should be banished too because of Zira being mine and my brothers mother. We had to do anything we could to survive. Including follow anything Zira wanted us to do... Whether we wanted to or not. The Outsiders aren't much of a family so it was kill or be killed growing up." Vitani says as she sighs.

"What about Scar? Didn't you want him as King?" Alexis asks curiously.

"I never met Scar. Neither did my brother Nuka or Kovu. We only know what we do because of Zira." Vitani says.

"I'm sorry." Alexis says as she puts a paw on Vitani's shoulder.

"Don't be. I mean how can I expect you to understand. You don't know my past or what I've been through just to survive." Vitani says as she sighs sadly.

"I'm sorry Vitani. You're right. I don't understand and I don't know what you've been through. But for what it's worth I don't need to know that stuff to know that you're a good person at heart." Alexis says as she nuzzles Vitani before Vitani nuzzles her back.

"Do you really believe that I'm a good person? That I'm not evil like my pride?" Vitani ask as she looks at Alexis.

"I do." Alexis says as she smiles softly.

"Thank you Alexis. I'm really glad that I got to meet you. And for what it's worth I think you're beautiful no matter what form you're in. Wolf? Lion? They're all the same to me because they're all who you are. And that you is amazing. You shouldn't let your dad or others make you feel bad about being who you are." Vitani says as she smiles at Alexis and blushes.

"Thank you Vitani. I'm glad that you accept me for who I am. I really appreciate it. And I think who you are is beautiful too." Alexis says as she smiles and blushes before she and Vitani nuzzles each other happily.

*Timeskip*

"I had a lot of fun with you tonight Alexis." Vitani says as she and Alexis arrive back at Pride Rock.

"I had a lot of fun with you as well Vitani. It was amazing." Alexis says happily.

"It was." Vitani says happily.

"Goodnight Vitani." Alexis says as she smiles at Vitani earning a smile from her back.

"Goodnight Alexis." Vitani says as she and Alexis nuzzle each other before Alexis goes inside after Kiara.

"It's... kinda cold tonight huh? Come on. Why don't you both stay with us tonight inside." Simba says as he goes over to Kovu and Vitani before the two follow him inside as Alexis smiles watching them.