Chapter 7 - Love is confusing as hell

Key:

Robert: Hello = talking

Robert: (happy) Hello = emotion or tone of voice

Robert: *moving* = action 

Third Person POV

The scene opens with a view of Robert's room in the home base. Robert is currently sleeping in a chair while Alice is holding onto his left arm as she sleeps in the room's only bed. Alice then starts to move and let's go of Robert's arm and rolls onto her back and opens her eyes.

Alice POV

I roll onto my back and open my eyes and see the ceiling of a room. Wait, how did I get here? I sit up and look around the room and I see Robert sleeping in a chair next to me. I remember now, Robert carried me back to his home and he must have fallen asleep while he was watching over me. I smile since he is still the same caring person from the shelter.

Claire: You're awake.

I look and see Claire standing in the doorway.

Alice: How long was I out?

Claire: About twelve hours. Robert hasn't left your side since he brought you here.

I look at Robert and smile. He really cares about me. I wonder if he would be fine with the idea of dating a normal human like me.

Claire: You love him, don't you?

Alice: *looks at Claire while blushing* What?

Claire: You're in love with Robert.

Alice: *blushing* I have no idea-

Claire: You just stared at him lovingly and when we first met, you two look at each other with love and compassion for the other person. So, you have to be in love with him. Plus, you're blushing which proves that I am right.

Alice: *blushing* Okay, fine. Yes, I love him, but I wonder if he wants to be with a normal human like me.

Claire: I don't think that will be an issue.

Alice: What do you mean?

Claire: He seems to be worried about your safety and wellbeing over his own. He wanted to make sure you were safe before anything else. (slightly sad) He seems to be in love with you so why don't you have a talk with him.

I notice that Claire is sad as she talks about Robert being in love with me. Wait, is she in love with Robert too?

Alice: Wait, why are you here right now?

Claire: I just wanted to check on you two and see if Robert was up. When he wakes up can you tell him that me and the others will be waiting for him in the main room.

Alice: Okay. I'll let him know.

Claire walks out of the room, but I can tell she is heartbroken. I think she loves Robert like I do. I need to think of a way for all of us to be happy, I hate seeing people sad. But how?

Claire POV

I walk out of Robert's room feeling a little depressed that Robert is in love with someone else. I mean sure I've only known him for a few days, but I can't change the way I feel for him. He is a kind and caring man who helps anyone in need and protects his friends from danger. I make my way to the couch and take a seat while I wait for Robert to wake up.

Io: Is something wrong, Claire?

Claire: Huh?

I look at Io without her blood veil on and she has a troubled look on her face. Io sits next to me and continues to look at me.