Another Story but with a Twist

The scene opens with the view of a two story house in a small neighborhood in Texas. The sun is down and there isn't anyone outside. The camera then focuses on a room on the second floor and reveals a bedroom with a desk on the right side of the bed. The desk has two computer monitors as well as a few Pop Figures of videogame characters lined up next to the monitors. At the desk is a young man in his early twenties with brown hair and brown eyes wearing glasses, a Batman Arkham Knight t-shirt and black/gray pants. The young man is currently playing a game on the monitors and the game is revealed to be Code Vein. The young man then loses the game and gains a frustrated look on his face.

Man: God damn it! Every damn time! *sighs*

The man rubs his eyes as he appears to calm down. The man then looks at the camera and smiles at the camera.

CorruptedGuardian: Hello, readers. It has been a while since our last meeting. I've been busy with playing a few new games, watching new shows, and other personal things but don't worry, I still write when I get the chance. For those who don't know me, I am CorruptedGuardian, the author of this book and the other stories on my account.

CorruptedGuardian places the PlayStation 4 controller on the desk and looks back at the camera.

CorruptedGuardian: Some of you know why I am here but to those who don't, I'm here to explain this story. You see one of my friends got me hooked on this videogame known as Code Vein and the game is about you getting to play as a revenant that fights against all types of monsters in a post-apocalyptic world.

CorruptedGuardian: Before you all start wondering, this is another original character story since I like them over male reader stories but there is also another reason. It is easier for me to make this an original character story than a male reader and you'll see as the story progresses. Also, this is only taking place in the Code Vein universe, and this isn't a crossover story so only expect characters from the game and a few original characters that appear throughout the story.

CorruptedGuardian: The next chapters will be the biography of the main character, the usual announcements, and the prologue.

CorruptedGuardian picks up the PS4 controller once again.

CorruptedGuardian: I hope you guys enjoy this book. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to kill this boss who has killed me a few times already. Till next time. Stay safe everybody.

CorruptedGuardian turns to face the computer screens and continues to play Code Vein as the screen fades to black.