"No. It wasn't either of you.. It's just.." Samantha trailed off.

"Whatever it is, we won't judge you for it." I reassured her, desperate for her to open up and resume her friendship with Emrys.

"You'll think I'm crazy. I've lost friends for being so open before and I worry that you'll do the same."

"Not us. Believe me, we've been in some unbelievable situations that your average Joe would call us crazy for. We definitely aren't in a position to judge." I chortled.

Samantha looked up at me, trying to gage whether or not I was being serious so I flashed her an innocent smile.

She blew out a shakey breath, turning her head to scan her surrounding nefore she began speaking.

"Ok, fine. I am what some would call a conspiracy theorist. I believe that our goverment have been lying to us for years. I believe in the super natural, I believe in aliens, I think that super heroes exist and the government have been covering it up for many, many years."

Samantha looked down at her entwined fingers as Emrys and I shared a look of wonder.

I sat down next to her and sucked in a breath.

"I believe in all of those things too." I spoke quietly.

She raised her head, eyes wide as she looked at me. "You do?"

"We do." Emrys added.

I thought for a moment before asking her a question.

"What would you do if you broke into Area 51 and found an alien being experimented on?" I asked, deadly serious.

"Well, that wouldn't be possible. It's heavily guarded and I'd be killed before I reached the front gate."

"Hypothetically speaking." I stated.

"Umm, I'd set the alien free if I could. It's just cruel to think that people would experiment on aliens. They might not be human but they would have feelings just like you and I." She mumbled.

"Could you come over later? I'd love to hear more of what you have to say."

"Umm, yeah, sure." She half smiled.

"Perfect."

We let Samantha get back to work before setting off on our walk back home.

"You're not going to tell her about us, are you?" Emrys asked, concerned.

"Don't worry, I won't say anything. Not yet, anyway."

"If she finds out what happened to me she might never want to speak to me again."

"I won't mention anything about Felix, don't worry." I reassured him.

"I hope you know what you're doing?" He mumbled.

I looked over at him with a smile. "I do."

It was around seven-thirty when Samantha arrived and I couldn't wait to hear more about her views and beliefs on aliens.

I wasn't quite sure whether or not I could trust her to keep my secret so I decided to keep it quiet for now.

"When did you first start to believe in aliens then?" I wondered, handing her a mug of tea as I sat down on the sofa beside her.

Emrys kept his distance, sitting on the opposite sofa but it was obvious that he was very interested in what Samantha had to say.

"When I was nine years old, I actually saw an alien. It made eye contact with me, stared at me for about three seconds, but it scurried off into the fields before I had a chance to speak. Because I was so young, no one believed me. They told me that I was making things up,  or that I was confusing my dreams for reality, so eventually, I stopped trying to convince everyone and kept it to myself."