❝𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞❞ - 8

🎟

lost soul in the unmarked grave

The world around felt like a puzzle that was slowly being taken apart. Everything was perfectly fine up until a few days ago and now you got punched in the face by two people in one day, couldn't trust anyone anymore and your perception of trust was thrown off completely. Hell, even if you wanted to think that you were seeing the raw, real side of Velvet right now, a part of your brain couldn't help but think that she was planning something. Chances are she was being genuine but you weren't trusting her yet.

we have given a name

Your thoughts were drifting off, your head was still spinning and whatever happend around you right now felt more like a lucid dream than reality. Velvet was making sure to clean up your nose, let it bleed out into tissues, but that meant keeping your head down, eyes locked onto the pavement, both of your hands grabbing onto a ball of tissues to soak up your leaking wound. The people around you were talking, so unbelievably much. Everything felt so loud, so god damn loud. You closed your eyes, taking a deep breath before leaning back as your nose stopped bleeding. The last thing you felt was the hard brick wall against your back.

(black flame)

"Y/N? Y/N! Are you okay?" your eyes shot open, startled by the familiar noise around you. Veneer was staring right at you with big round eyes, hovering above you. No hate to this guy but this is a terrifying way to wake up man. "Veneer, that's horrifying. Let her wake up first." another voice said, seemingly his sister who was standing at the other side of what you guessed was a guest bed. On one end you had this guy stare down at you as if he was trying to read your mind and on the other side you had a woman that looked like she got less than a few hours of sleep and wasn't yet capable of remembering her own name.

in death we're all the same

Realisation started to hit as you managed to take in your surroundings a little better. You weren't in your own clothes, instead in an actual pyjama, the room you were in was a guest bedroom in their mansion. The other side of the bed was messy, Velvet must have slept next to you all night. She looked unwell, eyebags clearly visible, hair messy and sticking out into every possible direction. His brother on the other hand just looked worried, unable to stay still while waiting for you to say something. You must have passed out yesterday, otherwise you wouldn't have ended up here.

remain, black flame

"To answer your questions ahead, you passed out from all the blood loss. They hooked you onto IV fluids in the ambulance until you were stable but you don't need to stay in a nasty hospital, so we got you here for the night." Velvet spoke up, a big yawn leaving her as she rubbed her eyes, her other hand desperately clutching onto a mug that smelled like it's contents were coffee. "Oh, well, thanks guys..." you huff under your breath, pushing yourself up to sit up straight. Meanwhile Velvet has sat down next to you with her brother sitting at the end of the bed.

It felt so weird to see them like this, right out of bed, hair messy, dressed in pyjamas. They were so peaceful for once. Regardless this all felt wrong and even if your head wasn't completely awake yet, you felt like you needed to stay alarmed. Realistically you were stuck in a strangers house right now and neither of them were necessarily your best friends. "Where's Orchid?" you eventually asked in a low voice, genuinely curious how that ended.

"She said she needed time off urgently, but would be available again for the awards. If it wasn't such an important situation I would've fired her for this shit." Veneer explained, Velvet only nodding in approval. So she decided to threaten you, nearly break your nose and then urgently take time off for god knows what? Well, that seems trustworthy!