❝𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬❞ - 7

its a matter of time until we all run out

🎟

What the hell was that? Did she seriously just slap you right across the face?

You stared at her in shock up until she dissappeared into the restroom, holding onto your face in pain. She had some force in that slap, jesus chirst. Whatever you did apparently caused this, it may have been the fact that you said you'd drop out of the awards, but the more likely chance was that you picked on her insecurities like this.

Maybe she truely wasn't the confident Velvet everyone knew. She kept her ego up by pushing others down in order to feel higher than them and the fact that after months of being the most popular stars in Mount Rageous, you came around and took their spot at lightning speed was messing with her mind. The times you two hooked up, fought each other, went dead silent for weeks, she was just trying to assert dominance and show you that she was in fact above you, not because she actually had something against you but because it was the only way for Velvet to not lose her mind.

There had to be more behind that behaviour but that would be a thing for you to figure out another time. Right now you were facing the decision of leaving her alone or trying to solve this situation. She did leave her bag here so you could use the fact she forgot it as an excuse to talk to her. However you felt weirdly watched right now, not only because the people at this place had to witness this chaos but also because you felt like both Sally and Orchid were still watching you from somewhere in here.

Meanwhile Velvet was clutching onto the edge of the sink, panting heavily before finally breaking out in tears. It all totally ran over her in a matter of seconds. The fact that you were willing to completely drop the opportunity to win this award because of what she did was making her realise the extreme measures she went to just so she would win. Just so she could show you she was better.

The fact that you could see right through the facade she built up day by day over the years was a punch in the face for her. Velvet was a nobody in all of her high school years but any time she was better than the popular girls was a day she would go home a little more confident. They had all of the cool trendy things? She made sure her stuff was even better so people would admire her more. In every single text and exam she was desperately holding onto a 100% just to be better than the nerds with their 98%, because that was the only thing that validated her confidence. Every time she got better grades than the nerves, scored more than the athletes during P.E, or got more compliments than the popular girls, she felt just a little more confident.

Eventually you decided to just grab her bag and knock on the door of the rest rooms, hoping to get a response. "Go, tell Orchid I will be there in a minute. I'll fix your stupid situation.."  you heard from the other side of the door. A sigh left your body as you still pushed the door open regardless of her snarky comment. You placed her bag down on the counter and grabbed a tissue, wetting it a little under the faucet before lifting up her chin as you began to clean up her runny make up. "You'll mess all of it up."

Velvet wanted to run, punch you in the gut or smash the nearest object onto your head and it was visible on her face, yet she stayed still as you cleaned up her make-up, sniffling a little before eventually pulling away her face. "What do you want? I said I will fix it." she rolled her eyes, still leaning onto the edge of the sink. "If I go now, is there anyone at home to comfort you? Anyone you can call and confide in?" you leaned against the nearest wall, arms crossed in front of your chest as you watched Velvet.