⠀⠀⠀𝟐𝟒. on the road

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀⠀"Rick's right. We barely have anything left. No use in spending it all now," Michonne brushed her off.

⠀⠀⠀"I can take 'em," Sasha repeated.

⠀⠀⠀"Your brother was pissed, too, after what he lost. It made him stupid," Michonne said.

⠀⠀⠀"We are not the same. We never were," Sasha denied.

⠀⠀⠀"But it's still the same," Michonne shrugged.

⠀⠀⠀"I just—I can take them. I'll win," Sasha continued, shaking her head.

⠀⠀⠀"It'll just get you hurt," Bianca sighed, reflecting on her actions from grief. "At least wait until we've eaten to use your energy."

⠀⠀⠀Sasha's mouth curled into a frown, but she didn't argue further. Likely agreeing that getting some food would help keep her stamina up.

THE WALKERS SLOWLY COLLECTED more as time went on, and to cut some of the fat, Rick planned to use the bridge to push the walkers down. They waited by the steep hill's edge, and just as the walkers came into arm's length, sometimes close enough, they'd toss them down or let their uneven footing take care of the rest.

⠀⠀⠀The plan ruptured immediately as Sasha attacked with her knife. No longer able to passively move on, the group was forced to take action and attempt to kill the rest.

⠀⠀⠀"Stop. Just get out of here," Michonne demanded of Sasha, but she kept going.

⠀⠀⠀Sasha was in a dark state; her head only focused on what was ahead of her rather than everything else. Even the walker was about to take a chunk of her shoulder. Bianca took her knife, too weak to swing her hammer, and dispatched the walker for her. Sasha turned back to Bianca for a second before she returned to looking only forward.

⠀⠀⠀"Sasha, you're going to get someone hurt," Bianca hissed.

⠀⠀⠀Sasha didn't stop. There were too many walkers on them, and Bianca didn't have time to babysit Sasha. Instead, she killed a handful of walkers gaining on her before the group had taken the rest out.

⠀⠀⠀"I told you to stop," Michonne hissed down at Sasha, where she lay on the ground.

⠀⠀⠀Sasha stood, her hackles raised, and Bianca feared she would try to physically fight Michonne. She watched warily, ready to put herself between the two women if needed. Then, Sasha's shoulders sagged, and she stormed off.