⠀⠀⠀𝟐𝟒. on the road

Bắt đầu từ đầu

⠀⠀⠀The group returned with devastating news. Tyreese was dead, bit and bled out. Two of their people were dead in a matter of weeks.

⠀⠀⠀They were out of food, water, and fuel. Out in the woods with barely anything left to them but the clothes on their back. They walked down a winding road with forest on either side of them. Bianca was sweating profusely in the late fall heat. They probably smelled foul, but it had been three weeks of this, and her senses had dulled to any feeling.

⠀⠀⠀Bianca noticed that Beth's death was something similar to Lori's. Cal was within arms' reach of keeping Beth safe, yet the world broke them in two. It would take him time and a full stomach to begin to heal from this heartbreak. Daryl, and especially Maggie and Sasha, included.

⠀⠀⠀Cal let Bianca hold his hand despite the heat and sweat pooling between their skin. He needed comfort, yet this was all she could give him. They needed to keep moving, and sadly, mourning wasn't really on the table for any of them.

⠀⠀⠀Carl and Maggie walked ahead of them, and Bianca's eyes took notice as Carl started to dig around in his bag and then pulled out a lime green box.

⠀⠀⠀"Found this when we were looking for water," Carl explained to Maggie, holding it out for her.

⠀⠀⠀"What is it?" she asked, opening the box to see a motionless pink ballerina inside.

⠀⠀⠀"I think it used to play music. It's broken," he explained.

⠀⠀⠀"Thanks, Carl," Maggie said with a smile. The first one Bianca had seen in weeks.

⠀⠀⠀"I can take a look at it," Bianca said from behind them. The pair turned back to look at her. "See if I can fix it."

⠀⠀⠀"That'd be nice, B," Maggie said with a firm nod. Her eyes glanced towards Cal briefly, but as he bowed his head, she turned back to look at the road ahead.

THEY WOUND DOWN AS clouds began to form rather than break up, creating a gray blanket above. It was like a waiting game of when it'd start to pour. Bianca and Cal fell toward the back of the group. Bianca's ear was keenly turned to the sound of the walkers right behind them but felt, for the time being, they were at a safe enough distance not to worry.

⠀⠀⠀Sasha and Michonne walked toward the back with them. Both quiet. Bianca was confident being in Michonne's proximity was helping Cal to cope. Even if no words were exchanged, just meaningful looks, Bianca and Michonne's presence seemed to perk him up just a little. Color started returning to his cheeks, and he seemed a little more there than before.

⠀⠀⠀Sasha turned to look at the walkers half a mile down the road. Then, she looked at Michonne with a determined expression that spelled trouble.

⠀⠀⠀"We can take 'em," Sasha claimed.