Uncertainty

Introduction

Introduction

Author's Note

* Hey everyone, my name is Cenora. This is my first stories ever, and I am so excited to grow and share with you guys. I have always loved to read fanfics and romances, and I've always wanted to try to write one. So here we go!*

Katara's POV

It's been almost six years since the Hundred Year War ended, and it seemed like things were finally settling into place. Over the past few years I had been traveling from nation to nation to help repair cities anywhere I could. The damage from the war was pretty bad especially in Omashu and Ba Sing Se, but over time the repairs replenished the cities to their former glory. As for the reconstruction of the Southern Watertribe it was a long and tedious process, but thanks to our sister tribe we were able to restore the intricate architecture and culture to what it once was. The South Pole was in the most beautiful state that I have ever seen it in, if I do say so myself. The details in the ice wall surrounding the tribe were intricate, smooth and glassy, yet opaque and a smoky blue color. The water tribe symbol was placed in the center near the opening, huge and on display.

Wrapped warmly in my parka, I strolled around the city heading to the Capitol, in search of my father, feeling the crunch of the snow beneath my boots I began to take in the new found glory and beauty of the Southern WaterTribe. Remembering the small village from my childhood, I used to call home. "It's crazy how things change", I said to myself.

Pretty soon I arrived at the Capitol and headed to the Chieftain's office where I knew I would find my father preparing for his next meeting. I have been in the South Pole for a few weeks to take a break from helping with the post war reconstruction, and to spend time with my family. I knocked on the door.

"Come in" ,my father said sternly.

"Katara, what do I owe the pleasure of being visited by my favorite daughter", said my father.

. "Dad, I'm your only daughter". I chuckled.

"That doesn't make you any less of a favorite".

"Ha ha Dad, very funny".

"So is there anything that you need, I have a meeting to attend with the council to discuss foreign endeavors", he said rubbing his temples stressfully.

"I actually came to tell you that I am departing in the morning after the Yue Celestial Gala tonight", I said.

"Has it been that long already? I wish I could spend the afternoon with you, but unfortunately I have been up to my neck in paperwork trying to sort out the details for this meeting. Tell you what at the gala tonight we can spend time together and I even have a surprise for you tonight" Chief Hakoda said with a sad smile on his face, as he couldn't spend time with his daughter because of the meeting.