"I mean it." Mr. Greene called out to the students who still lingered. "Detention for anyone still standing here when I turn around." He demanded before stalking over towards us and Edward ever so slightly pushed me behind me so that the principles attention wouldn't go to me. "Mr. Cullen, do we have a problem here?" he asked as he looked between Edward and Jacob.

"Not at all, Mr. Greene." Edward replied with a shake of his head and when he saw the older man's eyes flick towards me for a second, he placed a hand on the small of my back. "Me and Ana were just about to head to class." he explained.

Mr. Greene hummed as he nodded his head. "Excellent." He muttered before his eyes shot towards Jacob. "I don't seem to recognize your friend here." He said and his head tilted to the side. "Are you a new student here?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Nope." Jacob replied in a rude tone of voice as he shook his head.

"Then I suggest you remove yourself from school property before I call the police." Mr. Greene warned as he stared at Jacob with a stern look in his eyes.

Jacob dramatically stood up straight and and gave Mr.Green a soldiers salute. "Yes sir." he called out and I shook my head as I stared at him. For a second Jacob's eyes met mine, and my mind was flooded with all our memories. Memories of how it used to be with us. And my heart yearned to have that friendship back.

Jacob turned around and climbed onto his bike. A small, saddened frown, tugged at his lips as he shot one last glance at me over his shoulder before he drove off, his bike nosily roaring as he went.

Mr. Greene turned his attention back to Edward again, clasping his hands together behind his back. "Mr. Cullen, I expect you to ask your friend to refrain from trespassing again." He demanded as he stared at Edward.

Edward inhaled sharply as he slowly shook his head. "He's no friend of mine, Mr. Greene, but I'll make sure to pass along the message." he assured and Mr. Greene nodded his head. "We'll get to class now." He said before glancing down at me.

Edward lead me towards the school building with his hand still on the small of my back. A frown tugged at my lips and my eyebrows furrowed. When we walked into the school building, everyone glanced over in our direction.

I glanced up at Edward, my eyebrows furrowing even more. "I had a right to know." I informed him in a soft voice as my eyes squinted accusingly at him.

"I know." He whispered as a soft sigh slipped from his lips and he nodded his head. "But she's gone now, so there's no need to worry." he told me softly as we walked over to my locker and he leaned against the one next to mine as I exchanged a few of my books.

"What happened?" I asked curiously as I glanced at Edward, quirking an eyebrow as I shoved a few books into my bag. My heart was pounding in my chest. Victoria was back in Forks. What she wanted was now more in reach than ever. She could kill me in front of Edward.

He sighed softly and pursed his lips for a second before he began speaking. "Alice saw her coming back." He informed me softly. "Emmette and Jasper waited for her but she managed to escape onto the Quilleute territory." He added and I raised my eyebrows. I just knew that didn't go over well at ALL. "The big gray one-Paul I guess- thought Emmette was over the line and got defensive." he muttered with a roll of his eyes before meeting my gaze again. "No one got hurt." he assured as he shook his head.

"I had a right to know." I insisted firmly as I slammed my locked closed and turned to face him, my eyebrows furrowing again as a frown tugged at my lips.

Edward nodded, agreeing with me as he looked down at the floor for a second. "I'm sorry." he apologized sincerely as he met my gaze again, giving me an apologetic look with those golden eyes.