19- Fullmetal Lady

Sylvia Sherwood. A handler at WISE, the Westalis Intelligence Services Eastern-Focused division. Age: unknown. Relationship status: single. Officially, she performs duties as an attaché at Westalis' embassy in the East. And unofficially, she commands a number of intelligence agents despite being under strict surveillance by the Secret Police. Because of her constantly flawless performance, her agents called her 'Fullmetal Lady', and are in awe of her.

--- somewhere in Berlint ---

"We will now begin our operation to tail Westalis' secretary, Sherwood" one of the member of the secret police says through his earpiece.

I should praise them for their persistence, at least. The same clothes, the same shop, the same route... every Wednesday, I got to the public pool. Having continuously been shown Sylvia's routine, their slow little minds come to a halt.

Handler says as she subtly looks around at the many eyes on her.

"The same old pool" the bald guy says as he watches Handler go into the public pool.

"She's gonna be in there for at least an hour" the man with the flat cap says as he rubs his forehead, "guess we can get some food".

As long as I can create some free time, being able to act freely is not a difficult task, despite being in the enemy nation.

Handler says as she checks her disguise in the mirror before leaving the building again.

Now then, I should head to my meeting spot with Twilight. All in order to discuss... her.

Handler says as she imagines the young girl's figure that she captured on the CCTV cameras from that fateful night.

Two years ago, we were looking into some suspicious activity that one of our main targets Donovan Desmond was controlling. It lead us to some labs on the outskirts of Berlint, in a rural field in the middle of nowhere. Just as our agents, lead by myself and Twilight, were going to the place, we were met with the building crushed into pieces. There was no signs of life, and when we searched the building, there was nothing but blood. No remanence of bodies, either. Purely, red, dirty, blood. On return to the hideout, our men had managed to find the footage of the event. The footage showed a girl around 16 years old coming out of the building, a bundle of something in her arms. She stood in front of the building, putting her arm out as the building caught on fire. After that, the building collapsed. The girl started to walk away, only for her hood to slip slightly, revealing light blonde hair to the camera. For years, we hadn't heard anything. No updates about where the girl had been. It was like she had slipped off the face of the Earth. That was until around two weeks ago, during the dog event, our agents who do the regular rounds called us to a building. It wasn't on fire, nor was it crushed, but inside was a reminder of that night. It was the same. Blood, so much blood. But no one anywhere to be seen. Whoever did that two years ago and got rid of one of our biggest problems, is back. And who knows who she's targeting this time.

Handler says as she makes it to the café garden where she spots Twilight, sitting down near him.

"Good day, or perhaps good evening, Agent Twilight" Handler says as she puts her bag down on the ground, making the report about the mission, "that covers the details of the Desmond camp's financial reports. One of them is a paper company, an though their public numbers are low...

I can't tell her that the brand new coat she just bought still has the tag on it. I just could never tell the Fullmetal Lady, Handler, that.

Loid Forger. Code name: Twilight. A WISE agent who always pulls off his missions and wants nothing but peace. A aloof spy who threw away any chance at normal happiness.

--- the next day ---

Every meeting with the Handler puts our lives are stake. If there is anyone tailing the Handler, we must naturally shake them off.

Loid says as he signals to Handler on the other side of the street.

Two to the North, and one to the East.

Handler says as he looks at Loid's hand movements in the reflection of the shop window next to her.

Shall we cancel?

Loid asks as he looks at Handler.

No, we will meet at Point C. Let's take care of this quickly.

Handler says as she returns her own hand movements.

Roger.

Loid says as he tilts his hat.

This is how we exchange information every day to preserve the peace between the East and West.

Loid says as they make it to the garden café once more.

"Good day, or perhaps good evening, Agent Twilight" Handler says as Loid sits down, "report your progress with Operation Strix".

"My daughter can now clear two levels of the jump box" Loid says as he rests his chin on his hand, "she can now also jump rope five times in a row".

What in the world is he on about?

Handler asks confused.