3- New Neighbour

Everyone has a side they don't show to anyone else. To their friend, their significant others, and even their family. They hide what they're truly feeling through fakes smiles and bravado, and keep their true identities secret. That's how the world keeps up its façade of temporary peace. In the era in which the nations of the world were waging a fierce war on information just out of sight, two countries were at odds with each other. Ostania, in the East, was secretly planning to start a war. Westalis, in the West, wanted to put a stop to those plans. In order to keep an eye on the actions of a leading figure in Ostania's government, Westalis set Operation Strix in motion. The one tasked with this operation is the skilled agent, Twilight. The mission given to the master of disguise with one hundred faces was to start a family.

--- at the apartment ---

A taxi drops Yor off at Loid and Anya's apartment as she stands outside with the boxes full of her belongings.

"Is this everything you own?" Loid asks as he comes out of the apartment complex.

"Yes" Yor says with a nod.

"It's not very much" Loid says as he looks at the small amount of boxes.

--- inside the apartment ---

"Um, Loid, about the sleeping arrangement-" Yor says as she takes out her bedding.

"We'll be sleeping in separate rooms, of course" Loid says as he looks at Yor, "we'll share one for appearances every time we have a guest over".

"Right" Yor says happily.

"Welcome to Anya's house!" Anya says as she runs over.

"Thank you for the lovely welcome, Miss Anya" Yor says as she looks at Anya.

This house is home to a rather unusual family. The Father, Loid Forger, is a psychiatrist. His true identity: a spy. Code name: Twilight. The Mother, Yor Forger, is a civil servant who works at the city hall. Her true identity: an assassin. Code name: Thorn Princess. The daughter, Anya Forger. Her true identity: a telepath.

"I'm so happy to have a Mama now!" Anya says happily.

"Mama" Yor says slightly shocked.

"I'm gonna help" Anya says as she picks up the smallest box.

"Oh, right. Just so you know, I had a friend of mine who's a judge make it so we got married one year ago" Loid says as he comes over, "we can figure out why we lived separately and what to tell your brother later".

"Alright" Yor says as she looks at Loid.

It would make the school more suspicious if we got married just before the interview.

Loid says as he looks away.

I got permission from the Shopkeeper, so I feel a lot better.

Yor says as she looks away.

So exciting.

Anya says as she looks at Loid and Yor.

Father, Mother, daughter. These three created this pretend family to further their own ends, and are living under the same roof as they hide their true identities from one another.

"I'm going to show Mama around!" Anya says excitedly.

"Once we get settled in, I'll practice the interview" Loid says as he takes some of Yor's boxes into her room for her.

"This is the kitchen!" Anya says as they walk to the kitchen, "Papa is good at cooking!".

"Oh, I see" Yor says pleased by the fact she won't have to cook.