Chapter 1: Before Departure!

Start from the beginning

(Al's POV)

English Channel Docks, Yacht of the Ridiculous Rich

May 6th, 8:00 PM

Well, this is not how I planned to spend my Friday night, but who really cares about that? This is the perfect way to spend a Friday! Ah, that's right! Your feeble minds do not know who I am, but I am sure all of you would know our dear old daddy is! I am Alfendi Layton! One of the best Inspectors of Scotland Yard! I should mention one tiny detail about us. I am Al and the other me is Fendi. There are two of us inside this body of mine.

"Do not forget to take a photo of the place and send it to our dear, younger sister" Fendi spoke in our minds in that annoyingly thoughtful tone of his.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever!" I replied to him, but make no mistake, I am the original host of this body!

Currently, we were sent to investigate something stirring in the channel. I didn't expect this though. So many wonderful criminals and I get to fight and interrogate them! Ah, I am a kid in a candy store!

So, I am on the top floor of an oil platform and overlooking the entire event happening below me. What is happening? I looked over the railing to see so many of them speaking about something together.

"Oi! Prof! Didja find that lot?!" Lucy Baker, my assistant, shouted with a grin, "I wanna be there, but old boss wants me here. How is that fair?!"

"Well, one of us has to watch that stupid detective agency of my little sister's and I have no intention of leaving it to that idiotic assistant of hers!" I answered her simply, "And do not break anything while you are there! We will not have the money to replace anything for a while!"

She only laughed in reply, but that didn't reassure us in the least. Though, she's becoming a better detective in her own right. To be entirely honest, she has no reason to be with us. She can pursue her own cases or do others with the rest of my family. Why does she stick around us? Out of everyone I've met and including my family, she's the biggest puzzle of them all. Though, that can wait, because I believe the big bad is about to show themself. I looked over the railing to see my conclusion coming true as usual. The goons were stepping away from the giant, steel doors and two ridiculously large ones pulled it open.

"You have got to be kidding me" I spoke thoroughly annoyed when I saw a former culprit we locked up quickly.

"Wot?! Who is it?! Tell me!" Lucy shouted excitedly.

"Lucy pull up the files on Mike de Bonair" I ordered as I glared at this and also felt annoyingly frustrated by this.

Out of everyone who got out of jail and could vow revenge against me and those I love, why is it this dolt?! He was a murder on some radio show that I could care least about, but who the in name of the Queen of England let this idiot out?!

Oh, right, you need to know what this fool looks like. He's an old man with brown hair slicked back and matching, boring eyes. He's got some stupid orange jacket around his neck along with a stripped purple sweater for some reason. He's got a yellow, pale shirt and has white pants with brown shoes. Regardless, he was somehow in command in these even bigger idiots!

"Come now, please show a little decorum!" he announced in that haughty tone of his and a clap of his hands, "We are planning a grand event to take those who have wronged us!"

I have many questions about this and him, but I can easily solve this. For now, I should listen to this fool and hope he's still an idiot to the point he will confess their plans. Would make my life easier.

"And now, our leader will make his appearance" he spoke as he waved his hands downward with the rest of the goons doing their work.

Ok, he's an idiot. The biggest one I have ever met in my life. Sure, I've met the most idiotic and moronic people, but they've also met me, so I believe this is fair.