Ch 5

"Thank you for letting us in Ms Yharnam."

Carolyn nodded her head as she sat down on the couch. Across from her was Elena and her father, Leonardo Lupu. The old man was in his fifties at the least, a white beard cut short that trailed up into his long white hair. He wore a thick blue shirt with a red scarf around his neck, the color nearly faded from time. He wore beige pants that had multiple stitches and patches and big snow boots. In his fingerless gloved hand was the cup of coffee Carolyn had offered him, steam gently coming off the liquid. Elena also held a cup of coffee, using Codrin's mug as she took a small sip of the coffee.

"Of course Elena! Anything for family friends." Carolyn hummed with a small smile as she held her own mug. Her father Gehrman was still in his and Codrin's room, staring at the newest painting. "Though Elena, you do know why we're here tonight right?"

"O-of course Ms Yharnam, I know." Elena stumbled on her sentence as she stared at the empty space beside Carolyn on the old couch. She looked out the window and saw the lanterns shining from the other houses, night had fallen. Elena frowned before taking another sip of coffee. "I'm the one who suggested it to the Hag."

"Hmmm......it's nice to know someone wants to marry my son—sorry for his absence." Carolyn weakly chuckled as she pushed back a strand of her hair. Controlling her son was easy as giving a cat a bath, impossible. "H-he left before I told him you two were coming over tonight.....going out on that Hunt of his." Carolyn bowed her head to the family across from her. "Please forgive his ignorance."

"It's fine....." Leonardo grumbled as he took a sip of coffee and took a glance out the window. Elena could tell her father didn't mind Codrin killing the lycans just from his tone. Leonardo turned back towards Carolyn with a smile that felt as if he forgot how to make one. "Him coming back just shows he can take care of Elena..."

"Oh.....well I'm glad you approved of this Leonardo." Carolyn hummed with a smile as Leonardo dropped his to a small smirk, taking small glances at the window from the corner of his eye, hands slightly fidgeting. She tilted her head at Leonardo and hummed. "If I may ask, what made you approve Elena's decision?"

".......They've been friends since they were little. He protected her from bullies and helped me on my animals when he was little." Leonardo summed up his reasoning for approving his daughter's decisions. He looked over at Elena and stared at her before placing a hand on her shoulder. "She's comfortable around him.....always has been and always will be from all that I've seen.....if it helps, she might even get him to stay home."

"Hmm.....they were rather cute together back then." Carolyn spoke after hearing Leonardo speak. She looked over at Elena and couldn't help but smile at the young woman. "You couldn't bring yourself to leave his side, tugging on his trousers for him to play and even helping him carry in firewood.......but your still young Elena, are you sure you want to marry Codrin? Just because your nineteen winters old doesn't mean you have to."

"I-yes I'm positive." Elena nodded her head with a blush on her face, setting her mug down and looked over at a small picture frame on the coffee table, a picture of a younger and more happier Codrin stared at the photographer with a smile. Elena smiled back at the photo before looking back up at Carolyn, taking a small glance at her old father. "I may be young but I'm old enough for marriage. Codrin is my choice and I'm determined to have him as my own, I'll b-be the moon to his sun."

"Wow.......you inherited your mother's boldness that's for sure." Carolyn giggled and was slightly taken aback by the young woman's confession. If Elena looked closely she could see Carolyn's face getting red in embarrassment. Carolyn let out a deep breath and a laugh. "I admire your boldness.....but where would you two house up? Building a house requires a lot of Lei.....more than I can spare unfortunately and we have little room for another person."