𝐕𝐈

✮✮✮

✮✮✮

Annika and Randy headed straight to Annika's dorm. Sidney and Hallie weren't in the dorm, so they could be alone. As soon as Randy closed the door, Annika wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. He reciprocated the hug, putting his arms around her waist tightly after a few moments. 

"I thought you were gone for." Annika whispered. Randy chuckled slightly into her shoulder. "How'd you know the killer was in the van?" Randy asked her, still keeping his voice low. "I saw something move through the window. I looked for you when I couldn't see you anymore. If I hadn't, I think its safe to say you'd be dead." She responded, not breaking the hug as she moved to look into his eyes. 

"I was scared to death you know." She whispered, running her hands through his hair. Randy nodded, looking back into her eyes. "You were going to say something." Annika said, leaving Randy confused. 

"What do you mean?" He asked, his arms still around her waist. "Before Gale and Dewey came over. You started to say something." She said, looking at him as she added, "What was it?" 

"It was nothing major. Just was going to say thanks again." Randy shrugged. Annika hummed, "Oh." She said. Annika moved to lay down on her bed as Randy followed. She got on one side of the bed, laying down facing the wall as Randy climbed in the bed behind her, wrapping his strong arms around her waist. 

The room was silent, only filled with their breaths. "You know, I lied earlier. I was going to say something important." Randy whispered after fifteen minutes. "Yeah?" Annika whispered back, not turning to look at him. He leaned closer to her. "I love you." He whispered. Annika's eyes shot open. Even though they've been dating for months, they somehow haven't gotten around to say those three words. Maybe it was because both of them had a hard time expressing their feelings, true feelings, but nonetheless, it was said. 

Annika turned around in his arms, facing him. "You really do?" She asked, her hands finding its way in his hair again. "Yeah. I really do." Randy nodded, kissing her forehead gently. "I love you too." Annika responded quietly. Randy smiled as he leaned down to connect their lips. 

The two abruptly pulled away when Sidney and Hallie burst into the room. Annika sat up as Randy stayed laying down. "Are you okay?" Annika asked as Sidney looked super stressed. 

"No, I have to pack. They're supposedly taking me and Hallie somewhere safe." Sidney responded. 

"Why, you weren't the ones attacked." Annika responded. Sidney turned to them, "You guys were attacked?" 

"By who?" Hallie asked aswell. "The killer." Randy responded. Sidney sighed deeply. "I don't like this." She whispered. "Wait, so why do you have to pack?" Annika asked. "Cotton got a little aggressive." Sidney responded. 

"I forgot Cotton was here." Annika whispered to herself, but Randy acknowledged her statement, nodding and rubbing her back. "And you have no clue where they're taking you?" Annika asked, climbing over Randy's body in her bed to stand. 

"No. Must be somewhere off campus I'm assuming." Hallie answered for Sidney. Annika slowly nodded as she turned to look at Randy. "Should we find Gale and Dewey?" She asked him. Randy nodded, sitting up. 

"So, Sid, we'll see you around. Goodluck getting to your secret safe spot." Randy said, getting out of Annika's bed. "You guys stay safe too. I don't wanna hear about Annika Cruise or Randy Meeks being murdered. And, hey, tell that to Dewey too." Sidney said. 

"Will do." Annika responded as her and Randy walked out of the room, hand in hand. 

✮✮✮

Randy and Annika walked along the campus finding Gale in thought as Joel walked away from her. "Gale? Is he okay?" Annika asked, walking up to Gale. "No, my cameraman just quit. Said his van was tampered with my the killer and is a crime scene because we know for certain that's where the killer was." Gale cursed. Annika looked to see Dewey walked down the steps of a building both he and Gale had just walked out of. Annika assumed it was campus police. Dewey walked up to the three. 

"I feel bad, Dewey." Gale spoke to him. Annika and Randy stepped aside, watching the interaction. Dewey seemed to ignore her, walking past Gale. "I feel really bad." Gale added, more sympathy added in her voice. 

"I never say that because, I never feel bad about anything." Gale stated. Annika and Randy stood in between the two as they both faced away from each other. "What a strange interaction." Randy whispered causing Annika to nod in agreement. "But I feel bad now." Gale continued.

"Is this just another... brilliant Gale Weathers performance?" Dewey asked, turning around to look at her. "There are no cameras here, I just wanna find this fucker!" Gale said turning around to look at Dewey. "I... I really do." Gale added in a softer voice. 

"Me too." Dewey whispered. Dewey slowly limped forward towards Gale. "Could I give you a hand?" He smiled as he bent down to pick up the filming bag that Joel had dropped earlier when he quit. 

"Now that the sexual tension is all sorted out can we start finding this killer?" Annika asked causing Gale an Dewey to snap their heads at her. Dewey ignored her statement. "What's in here?" Dewey asked. "Just some crowd footage that Joel shot." Gale responded as Annika got a sudden realization. 

"Hey, wait a minute." Annika stepped forward causing Gale and Dewey to finally break eye contact and look over at her. "If the killer really is watching and relishing every minute, then he'd be there on those tapes, right?" Annika explained. "At each crime scene." Randy added, nodding along to her statement. 

"It's worth a look." Dewey stated. "It's definitely worth a look." Gale added with a smile. Annika couldn't help but find the four of them a good working team. This was their second time today getting together to find the killer. They came close the first time, a little too close, but they still got in contact. If they worked together they actually had a good shot of figuring out the killer.

✮✮✮