𝐈𝐈

❝𝙀𝙫𝙞𝙡 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙩

❝𝙀𝙫𝙞𝙡 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙩.❞

✮✮✮

Tatum picked Annika up after their cheerleading practice. "Sidney called me before practice, she's going to stay over at mine. You wanna join?" Tatum asked Annika. "Yeah, I'm sure my mom's fine with it." Annika nodded. The girls mom's were close friends with each other. Tatum nodded, "Let me call her." Tatum pulled out her phone from her bag. She dialed Sidney's number and gave her phone to Annika so she could drive. 

"Hello?" Sidney said over the phone. "Practice ran late, we're on our way, okay?" Tatum spoke. "It's past seven." Sidney sighed. "Don't worry. Casey and Steve didn't bite it until way after ten." Tatum said, trying to reassure Sidney. Annika rolled her eyes at Tatum's efforts.

"Oh, that's comforting." Sidney groaned. "Me and Annika are gonna swing by the video store. I'm thinking Tom Cruise, All The Right Moves. You know if you pause it just right, you can see his penis." Tatum smiled. Sidney huffed out a laugh. "Whatever, just hurry, okay?" Sidney asked. 

"I know, Sid." Tatum replied. Sidney hung up the phone shortly after. Annika placed the phone back in Tatum's bag. "You really don't know what to not say, huh?" Annika looked over at Tatum. "What do you mean?" Tatum kept her eyes on the road as they drove  into the parking lot of the video store. "What do I mean? Saying when Casey and Steve died isn't going to calm her down. It's still dark out. Anything can happen." Annika opened the car door, closing it after she got out. Tatum rolled her eyes, walking into the video store with Annika behind her. 

"She knows it was a joke." Tatum defended, walking to the action section. "You've seriously been hanging out with Stu too much." Annika laughed under her breath. Tatum rolled her eyes, bending down to look for the movie. Annika felt someone's eyes on her. She turned around to make eye contact with Randy. He quickly averted his gaze. Annika smirked, walking up to the register where he was. 

"Any reason you were staring at me?" Annika grinned at him, resting her arms. "I wasn't." Randy quickly defended. Annika raised an eyebrow at him. "You weren't? Then how did we happen to make eye contact?" 

"Uh... Well, I-" Randy was interrupted by Tatum. "Stop flirting, ring me up so we can leave." Tatum put the movie down. Randy rolled his eyes, but grabbed the movie, ringing her up. "Five dollars." Randy looked at Tatum. "Oh, I'm only renting it." Tatum pulled out her money. Randy slowly nodded, "Five dollars." He said again. 

Tatum scoffed. "This place is such a rip-off." She handed him five dollars and grabbed the movie. "Thank you." Randy hummed, taking the money and putting it in the register. "Come on, Annie, let's go. Sid is waiting." Tatum grabbed her hand, not allowing the two to say goodbye. Annika rolled her eyes, getting in Tatum's car.