your siblings are bothered by the age gap - part two (requested)

"I still can't believe that happened." You said as you climbed into bed beside Margot.

She was quiet as she stared at her lap.

The words that had been spoken so harshly by your siblings continued to linger in her mind and she couldn't seem to forget them.

"Maybe they're right." She quietly spoke.

You quickly grabbed her hand and as you wrapped your fingers around hers, she lifted her head to stare at you.

"Margot, please don't listen to what they said."

"They're your siblings, Y/N. They just have your best interest at heart because they love and care about you. I don't want to come between you guys. Family is so important."

"I know. That's why I believe that, sooner or later, they'll come around. But no matter what happens, I'm not losing you. You're too important to me."

She smiled a little as you brushed your thumb across her palm.

"I'm not a little kid. There's nothing wrong with the age gap between us and eventually, they'll see that. I'm an adult and so are you. Please don't let what they say get beneath your skin. I love you."

"I love you too." She said before she leaned in to kiss your lips softly.

But as soon as her lips brushed against yours, there was a knock on the front door downstairs.

"Who could that be?" Margot wondered. "It's getting late."

You sighed as you kissed her hand and then pulled yours away from hers.

"I think I know."

You got up and Margot followed you as you went downstairs.

Another knock came just before you opened the door and just as you thought, you saw Hailee and Griffin standing there.

"What do you two want?" You questioned.

"To talk," Hailee spoke quietly.

"If you're here to talk badly about my girlfriend then you can both turn right back around now. Because once I let you inside this house, you will be respectful to her." You warned.

"We're not here to say anything bad about anyone. We're here to apologize." Griffin said.

You turned your head and saw Margot sitting down on the sofa.

Stepping aside, you let them in and then closed the door as they sat down across from your girlfriend.

"We should start by saying that we were being so ridiculous," Hailee said. "Everything we said was so uncalled for and as much as we hate to say it, we judged her without even getting to know her and we're truly so sorry."

You put your hand on Margot's knee as you both listened to them speak.

"You just have to understand that you're our little sister. Dating someone so much older than you was very surprising for us and we worry about you." Griffin spoke.

"I get that. But I'm not a child, I'm an adult. I can make my own choices and I know what's best for me more than anyone else does. I also know Margot better than anyone and despite our age gap, we're good together." You told them.

"We know." They said in unison.

"We were wrong to say what we said and act the way we did. Margot," Hailee sighed as your girlfriend looked at her. "You treat our sister well, right?"

"Of course." Margot quickly said. "Your sister means the world to me. I love her and care about her more than anything. I wouldn't hurt her and I wouldn't ever let anyone else hurt her either."

"Good," Griffin said. "We really would like to get to know you better. Obviously, Y/N adores you and you make her very happy. That's all that we care about."

Margot looked at you and you saw the sparkle in her eyes and the smile on her face.

She was so happy to hear them say that.

"I'd like that." She spoke. "And trust me, her heart is always safe with me. I will always make her happy and treat her like the queen that she is."

"That's what we wanted to hear." Hailee smiled. "We're very sorry again. Can you please forgive us?"

You and Margot quickly nodded.

"It's all behind us now." You said.

"So can we start over? Let's have dinner tomorrow and have a redo of tonight." Griffin suggested, to which you and Margot agreed.

"Sounds perfect," Margot said.

Hailee and Griffin stood up and you hugged them tight.

"Thank you."

"We love you," Hailee said.

Margot got up and you watched your siblings open their arms for her too.

"Welcome to the family," Griffin said. "Thank you for making our sister so happy."

"I always will. I promise." She told them as she pulled away.

"See you both tomorrow."

"Bye!" You grinned and watched them walk out the door.

Margot hugged you from behind and softly kissed your neck.

"You were right. They did come around."

"I knew they would." You said. "I'm so happy that we can all get along now."

"Me too." She whispered as she kissed your soft skin again, happy that everything was good between everyone now.