Scrumptious

Asher

I'm sat at the bar sweating my balls off anxiously waiting for Sailor to get here. My tight black jeans feel painted on but my mum insisted that they made my arse look tight and scrumptious which is a very strange thing to come out of my mother's mouth. I almost ended the FaceTime call right there and then. I think she was more excited than me that I finally asked sailor on a date and that's saying something. When I FaceTimed Abbie for fashion advice my mother practically wrestled the phone out of her hands. My baby sister is now eighteen and giving me advice. When that happened I do not know. All I know is she is at college studying hair and beauty and has got half a million followers on TikTok. That's important apparently. So I called to ask for her fashion input to make sure I'm not under or overdressed for our first date. I had on a pair of tight black jeans like seriously tight I'm surprised my balls haven't ruptured and a matching black shirt with the sleeves rolled. I did originally have on a white Lacoste polo on, until I got berated like an idiot. There's a lot riding on this date my future with sailor and according to my melodramatic mother my future as a Thomas if I mess it up. I still can't help but laugh at her antics.

I'm stood running my hands through my hair looking into the mirror, whilst the outgoing FaceTime video rings from my bed. Why isn't Abbie answering for god sakes, that kid is never off her fucking phone. This is an emergency.
The phone chimes that it's connected the call and I practically leap onto the bed stomach first. People would find it strange that I called my baby sister and not my other siblings but we are the closest. Alaina is married and moved to the isle of white with her husband, we hardly speak but we've always been that way. Alexis is still a bitch and she and my mum had a falling out two years ago. I sided with my mum because the way she spoke to her was disgusting. She raised us and Alexis spat her dummy out at the age of twenty six over not letting her use her car. She doesn't even have a job that I know off. And Alex he'd rip me to pieces and call me a pussy. So Abbie it is.

Abbie's sat at my mums breakfast bar her long brown hair in a knot on her head, she's added more highlights to it so it's looking more blonde than brown at the moment. Her identical eyes to mine are comically large as she stuffs her face with cookie crisp. The little tramp doesn't even use milk. I can't help but scrunch my nose up at her, she's defiling all that is holy of cookie crisp cereal eating it without milk. There's crumbs stuck to her cheeks, she's a literal slob but they sort of blend into her face. She's got a lot of freckles, like me. We definitely have more than our other three siblings. She used to hate them in school when people wanted to play dot to dot on her face but she developed an attitude that scared everybody shitless, no need for her fists yet sailor taught her how to throw a punch and inflict the most damage anyways. However, she likes them now after a new trend that people started drawing fake freckles with their make up or some shit who fucking knows.
"What do you want worm?" She asks around a mouthful of cereal.
"Advice, snot." I state. I can't hear if mum is around but I don't want to announce that I have a date around her she's the nosiest woman in the world. Abbie waves her hands at me in a continue motion. Fuck it.
"I have a date. Well it's my first date and I want it to be perfe-" I don't even get to finish because Abbie's eyes go
wide and she starts choking. I just stare unable to do anything from within a phone screen and hope my baby sister doesn't die from cookie choking. She bangs her closed fist against her chest to dislodge the cookie traffic jam. She eventually wheezes and holds up an ok sign. She's such a dork.
"I'm sorry but you almost killed me with that statement. You, Asher Thomas have a date?! A date that you need to be perfect! Who? I demand to know this woman's name so I can stalk the hell out of her to see if she's good enough for you before you get my wonderful fashion advice. Because depending if I approve, depends on if you're changing that top." I can't help but roll my eyes at her antics, I think she's studying the wrong subject she's definitely a drama major.