PERFECTLY IMPERFECT || EIGHT

0.8 alumni preparation

WITH HER PHONE INCHES AWAY from her face, as her thumbs moved across the bottom of her phone screen at an rapid pace, Devyn had her legs hanging off the arm rest of the dark-colored couch in the common room—while resting her back against Damon's side as he read.

"Ooh, that is it." Drawing everyone's attention towards her as she re-entered the common room area, Simone had walked in front of Keisha before stopping in front of the arm chair beside her. "All the duties Coach Loni assigned me for the athletic alumni weekend......are done."

"Oh my god." Damon uttered softly, smiling in the direction of Simone as she dramatically looked around before sitting down. "Hey, do you play this weekend?"

"No." Simone immediately answered as she placed her laptop back in her lap, before opening it once more. "Coach decided that the student-alumni match would be upperclassmen. I was just helping with the arrangements."

"Yo, Cam," as Simone focus went towards the injured football player sitting across from her, she ignored her assignment for a little while longer as she tried to see if anyone wanted to go with her to alumni tennis matches that was happening this weekend. "do, you still gotta to the football game if you're on injured reserve?"

"Nah." Cam answered, peeking up from his phone for a brief second to look at Simone. "I just gotta go to that stupid alumni dinner."

"What about you, Dev?" Simone had questioned immediately after Cam had answered up. "I heard that the track team is doing something for its alumni."

As she looked away from her phone, locking it as she leaned up off of Damon, Devyn had shifted her focused to her friend—who was awaiting her answer. "Uhm, yeah, a track meet."

"Okay, so, do you two want to go see some matches with me tomorrow?" Simone had asked as she looked over at her friend sitting beside her—before her gaze drifted over to Cam.

"I'm sorry, love." Keisha replied, just seconds before Cam could say anything. "A whole day, sitting in the sun on concrete benches, is not really my idea of a good time."

"You better not act like that when track season rolls around." The freshman phenom told her cousin as briefly pointed at the girl. "I expected you there, sitting on them hot ass metal bleacher—in that hot ass sun, cheering me on."

"And that goes for all of you." Devyn added as she motioned between the rest of friend group, looking at each and every one of them.

"You know I'm there, Dev." Damon told her, smiling softly at the girl. With Devyn returning the gesture, Damon had looked away from her a second later as he focused on his friend's cousin. "And you, you ain't got no love for your friends out here in the struggle?"

Simone, quickly rising up from her chair with her phone in her hand, everyone—minus Damon, ignored her as she left them to attended to whoever had texted her. Keisha—who had her eyes on the baseball player beside her baby cousin, she crossed her legs as she replied back to him. "Well, the struggle is also real for those of us in desperate need of gel tips."

As she held her hand out, momentarily motioning for Damon to give her money to get her nails done, Damon had looked at Cam confused—before his gaze drifted down to Devyn. "What—what does that mean?"