PERFECTLY IMPERFECT || FOUR

0.4 feeling the pressure

WITH HER HANDS RESTING ON her bare sides, and with her head hanging low as she started her cool-down walk as she headed back in the direction of her things. As the sound of her racing heartbeat echoing loudly through her ears, silencing everything around her, Devyn squatted down in front of her things before falling back on her butt—and laid back on the track as she tried to even out breathing.

Her mouth parted open, still breathing heavily, the eighteen-year-old laid there—with her head resting on top of her bag, and she stared up at the sky. The just risen-sun shone softly on the bringston campus. 

It has only been a few days since Devyn arrived on campus. And just in that short period of time, she could honestly say that she could already feel this intense amount of pressure—this mountain sized weight on her shoulders. Nearly everyone here was expecting her to deliver them a winning season. A championship.

While a few hoped that she crash and failed miserably.

Being the unofficial-official face of the bringston track team was a lot for the eighteen-year-old. She honestly didn't know if she has it in her to shoulder the load all by herself.

As a low groan escaped her lips, the teenager allowed her eyes to fluttered close as the sound of her alarm going off below her filled her ears. The alarm was just an reminder that she needed to be on her way back to her dorm room now if she wanted to make it to to her 8 a.m. class on time.

Pushing herself up in a sitting position, the ranked sprinter blindly reached for her phone inside of her bag—quickly stopping the alarm. "It's to early for this." She grumbled as she pushed herself up off of the track, and snatched her bag from the ground, not even bothering to change out of her running shoes.

After making a stop by her dorm to take a much needed shower, and change into something that was more presentable than a pair of spandex shorts and a sports bra, Devyn made it to her American Literature class with a five minutes to spare.

With her pausing in front of the door she just entered, allowing it to close behind her, Devyn had her eyes locked on her phone.

As a sigh left her lips once she looked up from her phone, locking it in the process, Devyn quickly scanned the somewhat packed room—looking for an empty seat that wasn't in the front row. Noticing that it was a seat beside Damon, the eighteen-year-old climbed the steps leading to the second row before sliding behind the first few seats that was occupied, before stopping in front of the one that was empty.

"Anyone sitting here?" Devyn questioned.

Glancing up from his phone at the sound of someone speaking to him, Damon eyes landed on his friend, and a small smile stretched out on his face just at the sight of her. "Nah," He uttered quickly, shaking his head as he motioned for her to take the seat beside him. "go right ahead."

"Preciate it." She replied, sending Damon a small smile back in return. As she allowed her bag strap to slip off of her shoulders, and carefully placing her bag on the table, Devyn pulled the chair from up under the table before taking a seat in it.

"How was your workout?" Damon immediately questioned once Devyn sat down beside him. With him placing his now locked phone on the table in front of him, he turned his body to face his friend, giving her his undivided attention.