PERFECTLY IMPERFECT || TWO

0.2 unofficial welcoming party

AFTER LEAVING KESHIA TO MEET up with Korin and Roman at the track, and receiving an overly excited welcoming from her new teammates, Devyn found herself sitting on top of her made-up bed—watching as her cousin shuffled through her racks of clothing in her small closet. There was a bonfire party happening tonight, and apparently, Devyn had no say so in whether or not she wanted to attend.

"Come on, Keish." The teenager said as she sat there with her legs bent, with her right leg crossed over her left. "You know parties aren't really my thing."

"You're not missing tonight's party, so stop trying to get out of it." Keisha replied as she peeked over her shoulder to look at her baby cousin, who simply closed her eyes as she dropped her head into her hands.

"But I don't wanna go." The track athlete said in a whining tone. With her raising her head up from her hands a second later to look at Keisha, Devyn sent her a small frown.

"Come on, Dev." With Keisha stepping away from the closet with six different outfits in her hands, the sophomore pre-med student laid out the outfits at the foot of her cousin's bed before she sat down beside her—looping her arm around Devyn's shoulder. "It's your first night here, and tonight's supposed to be about having fun and letting loose. Not moping inside of your room."

"I'm not moping!" Devyn exclaimed. As she turned her head to look at her cousin, who so happened to be her residential advisor, a frown tugged at the corner of her lips. "I—you know I hate parties, Keish."

"Being in large crowds, surrounded by people I don't know—it makes me nervous. You know that." The teenager said as she looked away from her cousin, and focused on her hands as she started to pick at the peeling skin on the side of her nail.

"Hey," with Keisha pulling Devyn's gaze away from her fingers, and onto her, the sophomore residential advisor sent her baby cousin a small smile. "I promise that I will not leave your side tonight. If you get nervous, we can leave and head back to my dorm to rewatch all nine seasons of One Tree Hill. Okay?"

Nodding her head softly, and huffing out a low sigh, the teenager leaned to rest her head against Keisha's shoulder as the two sat there for a moment. "Okay."

Once Keisha managed to get her dressed down into some dark denim jeans that had her jumping to get them over her thighs, and a white crop top that showcased the bottom half of her back tattoo, Devyn held onto her cousin's hand tightly as she allow...

Once Keisha managed to get her dressed down into some dark denim jeans that had her jumping to get them over her thighs, and a white crop top that showcased the bottom half of her back tattoo, Devyn held onto her cousin's hand tightly as she allowed Keisha to pull her along with her—as the two followed after Nate and Simone.

Seeing that the turnout was more than what she had expected, the teenager squeezed Keisha's hand as the the group of four pushed themselves to the front—cutting in front of a few people that was there before them. As she came to a stop beside her cousin, Devyn eyes immediately went back to scan the crowd of unknown people, which only caused her to squeeze Keisha's hand once again as she felt herself getting nervous.