Chapter 2: After The Dawn

In a dark wasteland, covered by a sea of black and red, Grimm were crawling from pools of black ooze. Next to the Grimm were more pale humans with oddly colored eyes, fang-like teeth, and sharpened claws. Each varied in shape and size. Some were slimmer and others bulky, Demons. A lone Demon walks past a pack of Beowolves, with their Alpha growling at the lone Demon for walking too close, to which the Demon would do the same. And in the background was a lone castle, standing above the monsters beneath them under the shattered moon. Inside were two figures, both concealed by darkness. The only reflection was their glowing red eyes off the window ahead.

"Why have you called me here?" A male voice asked; his voice was deep and impatient. His eyes were further away from the window and were solid with narrow slits for pupils.

The second voice was more feminine and refined. Her eyes were solid red with circular black pupils. "It's almost time. Are your armies ready?"

She continued to look out the window as the man softly huffed, "Yes, they are ready. They've been positioning themselves as planned. But why should I even include myself in this? These 'huntsmen' are no threat to me. Just one lower-rank demon can decimate a whole team of them."

She slightly turned her gaze towards him, "Because they are sitting atop something more powerful than you can imagine. And if they can figure out what they have, not even you or your demons will be able to stop them. Does this answer your question?"

He takes a breath, "Yes. Yes, it does. But none of the Kizuki will be present. It would be a gross misallocation of resources."

She nodded, "Good. That will be all."

He nodded as well before taking his leave. As he left, the woman stepped closer to the window to reveal her face: It was pale white with black veins crawling on her face and white hair wrapped in a bun with six offshoots wrapped with obsidian ornaments, "You can't keep this up forever, Ozpin, and I can't wait to watch you burn." Her eyes glowed red as her glare focused outside.

The woman in the orange Haori tapped her foot on the elevator floor, watching the lights indicating which floor they were on, reaching the top until the elevator stopped. A ding accompanied the halt as the doors opened. Opzin, Glynda, and two others were in the room with Ozpin at his desk with the window behind him overlooking the rest of the academy. Both the roof and ceiling had rotating gears moving in place.

Upon entering, the group acknowledged her presence. The first is a man with a slouch, slicked-back black hair, crimson-red eyes, and a necklace of a cross with a chain causing the cross to be tilted. The other was a military man with white formal attire and a red tie. His eyes were blue, and his hair black with some grey near his temples in an army cut. General James Ironwood.

"Zenaida, thank you for coming on such short notice. What do you have to report?" Ozpin asked

Zenaida approached his desk and said, "Demon attacks are becoming more rampant. It's only a matter of time until the truth gets out. The only reason those two teams survived is that a Hashira was able to step in." Ozpin deeply breathed, "Ah yes, Sound Hashira Uzui, if I am not mistaken." He looked at the man with slicked-back hair who took a swig from his flask, "Qrow, what did you see on your scouting mission?"

"I saw what this lady brought up. Grimm destroyed towns, and carnage no doubt left behind by Demons." His voice was low and gravelly.

"You don't think they're working together, do you?" Glynda worriedly asked, to which the Ironwood replied, "If they are, then that wouldn't be much of a surprise. Multiple quadrants have been overrun by both Grimm and Demon alike."