2

2

Y/N POV

"Hey guys, this is y/n Isaac's friend, she's going to be helping record and write music for a new Broadway musical, so she's going to be in the city for a while. She's super cool and queer, so make friends and play nice, I'm looking at you Alexander." Alyah says jokingly.

I was flooded by a lot of hellos, names and compliments on my style by all of her friends. I felt overwhelmed by happiness; I have a love/hate relationship with nyc, but I have a good feeling that this times going to be different.

"Yeah I'm super excited about being back in the city, its been awhile, but I'm so ready to focus on a new project..." I was lost in conversation with the group, when I saw the gorgeous blonde in the corner of my eye. Internal panic, what the fuck do I say to her? I somehow maintain my composure and carry on my conversation, until I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around, and I'm met with the prettiest eyes, god she's even more beautiful now that she's right in front of me. How is that even possible?!

"Hey I'm Renee, Yaya sent me over saying I just had to meet the hot British girl." I don't know how, but her speaking voice has me just as drawn in as her singing does. I'm assuming she meant Alyah, as I followed her eyes over to the girl smirking at the two of us.

"So you think I'm hot huh?" I said amused. How the fuck am I even forming words right now, let alone flirting.

She scoffed and stepped forward, she towered over my 5"2 ass, "So you're not even going to introduce yourself, that's not very polite babe." Damn the way "babe' so naturally rolls off her tongue, I'm weak at the knees.

"It's y/n," I rolled my eyes, keeping up this flirty-banter tone we have going on, "you got some pipes on you huh."

"Thanks, y-you liked my performance?" Did she just stutter.

"Could you not tell, I could barely peel my eyes away" I admitted.

"Well yeah , I saw" if this girl smirks one more time, I will lose all composure, " I just assumed it's because you liked what you saw." she said regaining her initial flirtatious tone.

"Oh believe me I do, but I heard you before I saw you and your voice... jesus Renee I've never heard anything with such emotional depth and power." God, why did I just say all that, was it too much, I just couldn't stop myself.

But before I fell into overthinking, I saw her eyes soften as she grazed my arm.

"The way my name sounds in your British accent is killing me y/n" she flirts, but the soft look in her eyes still doesn't waiver.

"I really appreciate it," she smiles bashfully and allowing her sincere emotions to show again, "you sound like you really know music, what do you do?" she asks returning to her confident self.

We fall into a conversation all about music, our careers and everything in between; I almost forget we're surrounded by a bunch of their friends. It's almost scary how much I'm starting to like this girl, bareing in mind I literally met her tonight. She just has this energy that makes me want to get to know her more and share every random though I have. God, what am I doing, I cant be thinking like this. I know I barely know her, but god I don't ever want to this to stop.

We're a couple drinks in at this point (thank you open bar) and she's giggling about something I said in apparently my " very very English accent" when Alyah comes over with Alexander.

"Renee I hope you're not gatekeeping the poor girl, shockingly she may actually want to speak to other people here too." Alexander says, clearly tipsy, in a jokey manner.

"We haven't been talking that long Xander, you're so dramatic." Renee replies, rolling her eyes, looking down.

"Nay it's quite literally been 2 hours and we haven't even hit the dance floor yet." Alyah complains, also teasing her best friend.

"Oh, er umm sorry for keeping you y/n, you must have people you need to get round too," she blushes looking a little sheepish, as she looks over to me.

"Don't apologise darling, I could've sworn it hadn't been that long either. I guess I just like talking with you too much," I say taking her hand, playing with her rings, as I direct my attention to Alyah, I see Renee look down with a smile creeping on her face.

"Lead us to the dance floor, Miss Scott." I say

"Yes finally, thank you!!" she yells excitedly and leads the way, as I squeeze Renee's hand. 

*******

A/N

EDITED. 

Here's part 2 lovelies. How are we feeling with the "y/n", because I'm personally a bit conflicted. I love "y/n" stories, but I would also love to have her have a name, so then I can have Reneé give her a nickname and stuff, idk you guys please let me know. 

Also I'm planning to switch up the POVs soon, i just want to set up the story a bit more in "y/n" perspective first. 

Anyway please comment & vote; I'd love to see what you guys think xxx

love&peace,

M

she/her

Word count 751